Confused and in desperate need of advice..

Lovestragedies

Here's the deal, if you don't mind reading what's about to ensue...

I just recently broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years, partly due to pressuring from my mother as I am 16. She doesn't want the relationship to be serious, so on and so forth. I broke up with him because he is 19, and I'm afraid that somewhere in the next 6 years of finishing high school and college I'm going to meet someone who I might want to date and I don't think it's fair to my ex knowing this might happen. He's already gone out and seen what the world has to offer, so he's not worried he'll find someone else to be with.

I'm also worried because he's the only boyfriend I've ever truly had, and that can put a damper on things as I get older and might want to "party," which I truly doubt will happen as it takes me months before I decide whether or not I want to date someone.. But I myself haven't "seen what the world has to offer."

As it stands, I'm second guessing my choice because I am in love with him and have every desire to be with him. I did what I did because I felt I had to. My mother hasn't been pleased with it from the start and believes I'll do something foolish, like get married prematurely or some such thing. But I'm now beginning to think that I should make my own decision on the matter. I just don't know what that should be.

I feel silly for rocking back and forth, not sure whether my doubts are because I made the wrong decision or I'm being led by feelings rather than reason. However, reason tends to lead toward returning to him, but I'm still not terribly sure..

A little advice, however small, would be so terribly appreciated.

Gut feelings have always helped me out, Maybe its just me but my brain has tended to win over my heart. You're different however..I don't know what it is since ive never talked to you before...but i think your heart is as smart as your brain, and that you'll make the right decision...which ever you feel is the right decision that is

Archived