Ladies!! need advice on how to battle the PMS monster.

So for the past few years my PMS moods has been awful. It's like almost two weeks long (meaning, I'm like that for two weeks, on my period for one week and have only one week to be normal!) I've talked to the doctors and they've tried anti-depressants & birth control but nothings worked

Also, I try to work out and cut out salt but still. I feel so bad because I don't even feel like kissing my husband. I just want to be left alone. Please tell me if anything you've tried has helped!

thank you.

Try what they call 'stress' vitamins... Sometimes PMS can be related to vitamin deficiencies, especially B vitamins.

This brand called 'StressTabs' does the trick for me:

link removed

Also, are you getting enough calcium in your diet? If I take these supplements, it combats water retention (make sure you get calcium balanced with magnesium):

link removed

I can totally understand where your coming from. I am going through the same time. for the past 6 months I have been having these really bad mood swings. I just want to be left alone, and everything angers me, and I can't pin-point what exactly it is. Also I end up crying a lot of nights...anyone that can help us with this?

I can totally understand where your coming from. I am going through the same time. for the past 6 months I have been having these really bad mood swings. I just want to be left alone, and everything angers me, and I can't pin-point what exactly it is. Also I end up crying a lot of nights...anyone that can help us with this?

exactly! don't you hate that? when you get mad over everything! and yes, I'll cry over nothing too. It really makes you dislike yourself but we seriously can't help it. I'm glad my husband understands I can't help it. even though it still hurts his feelings.

Try what they call 'stress' vitamins... Sometimes PMS can be related to vitamin deficiencies, especially B vitamins.

This brand called 'StressTabs' does the trick for me:

link removed

Also, are you getting enough calcium in your diet? If I take these supplements, it combats water retention (make sure you get calcium balanced with magnesium):

link removed

never heard of those stress pills. The doctor recently put me on vitamin b6 but it's too early to tell if it works or not.

Are you kidding me? I almost lost it on my boyfriend last night because I can't STAND the way he makes fettucine alfredo (Cooks the sauce in with the chicken instead of mixing it in with the noodles and then puts everything over the noodles like it's spaghetti- ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!) I had to walk outside to keep from exploding on him, but atleast I KNEW I was being irrational and insane. I just couldn't help it.

Seriously I hear midol helps some people, but not me. Things aanoy me that normally wouldn't be a big deal.

I totally hate this also....I don't know what it is, but maybe it has to be a hormon imbalance. I am going to the doctor this tuesday coming up and I will let my Dr know how I am feeling see if he knows of anything that can possibly help.

I get mad or cry over ANYTHING.

gurh!

I thought it may be thyoid problem because that is a hormone imbalance but they said I'm fine. But let me know what the doc tells you.

Are you kidding me? I almost lost it on my boyfriend last night because I can't STAND the way he makes fettucine alfredo (Cooks the sauce in with the chicken instead of mixing it in with the noodles and then puts everything over the noodles like it's spaghetti- ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!) I had to walk outside to keep from exploding on him, but atleast I KNEW I was being irrational and insane. I just couldn't help it.

Seriously I hear midol helps some people, but not me. Things aanoy me that normally wouldn't be a big deal.

lol! wow! thats like something I would get mad at! I get mad when he's clingy and kissy kissy during PMS. he says I treat him like a brother.But at least you realized you were being irrational. I won't realize till AFTER I explode. do you notice you get more mad at him than other people? And yeah, Midol and pamprin are crap.

lol! wow! thats like something I would get mad at! I get mad when he's clingy and kissy kissy during PMS. he says I treat him like a brother.But at least you realized you were being irrational. I won't realize till AFTER I explode. do you notice you get more mad at him than other people? And yeah, Midol and pamprin are crap.

LOL yeah I don't even want him to touch me. Usually he'll be playful and poke me and grab me and stuff. Normally I don't mind it and play back, but when I have PMS I'm like "STOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!@#$%^&*(((!!!!" Pamprin and Midol do suck, I got prescription muscle relaxers because I get such bad cramps.

And the age might have something to do with it. This is something I have just fairly recently noticed. The only other time I noticed being snippy before was when I was already on my period and just thought I was being mean because I was in so much pain. But now it starts before the pain does.

LOL yeah I don't even want him to touch me. Usually he'll be playful and poke me and grab me and stuff. Normally I don't mind it and play back, but when I have PMS I'm like "STOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!@#$%^&*(((!!!!" Pamprin and Midol do suck, I got prescription muscle relaxers because I get such bad cramps.

And the age might have something to do with it. This is something I have just fairly recently noticed. The only other time I noticed being snippy before was when I was already on my period and just thought I was being mean because I was in so much pain. But now it starts before the pain does.

yeah, I get bad cramps too!!

I am soooo the same way. I am the worst to be around when I am PMS'ing, and I take it out on my boyfriend. I am so mean to him and I feel so bad afterwards. It's gotten to the point where he knows when I am PMS'ing so he knows not to take anything I say seriously. It's very hard to control though. I think I am going to try those Stresstabs and see how that goes. I have always had it really bad and I am at the point where I really need to try some things to help this problem. ARG why do us women have to go through all the CRAP?

I totally hate this also....I don't know what it is, but maybe it has to be a hormon imbalance. I am going to the doctor this tuesday coming up and I will let my Dr know how I am feeling see if he knows of anything that can possibly help.

I get mad or cry over ANYTHING.

gurh!

so what did the doctor say?

Hey...I just got back from the doctors...It turns out I hace PCOS which that is affecting my mood swings....I feel better not that I have gotten an answer. I am goingto get some blood work done tomorrow to make sure other parts of my body are ok, and he will start me on a medication that will help me controll my mood swings, and also help me with my periods.

Hey...I just got back from the doctors...It turns out I hace PCOS which that is affecting my mood swings....I feel better not that I have gotten an answer. I am goingto get some blood work done tomorrow to make sure other parts of my body are ok, and he will start me on a medication that will help me controll my mood swings, and also help me with my periods.

what PCOS?

Archived