He's 22 and I'm 26. Could it work?

Suzanne1281

What do you call older women who date younger men? Cougars? LOL, I feel like one right now, though I'm still in my 20s. This is the second 22 year old in a couple of months that has chased after me. I'm 26. It's possible we are probably at different places in our lives, but do you think it could work? He's so sweet and so into me and the two younger guys have come around in the past couple of months have been way better have treated me with way more respect than any guys my age or older that I've dated.

I'm attracted to him.

He's really into me...I mean really.

He's got a good job (fire fighter), takes responsibility financially, owns his own place, etc.

What do you think? When a 22 year old girl dates a 26 year old guy it doesn't seem so weird, but there seems to be a difference in perception when the girl is older.

I dont see a problem with it. My grandparents have been married for like 60 years and they are 10 years apart (23 - 33 when they got married)

The girl I am going after now is 23 and I am 26.

My brother just got married at 28 to a 23 year old girl. A great couple. I don't see a problem.

This age difference is almost nothing, I wouldn't worry about it if i were you. Men at this age... we don't get much more mature. So if that ends up being an issue, its not due to age....because he'll just be immature for life. Like most men. ha.

but other than the maturity thing, you should be ok. he doesnt seem like he's trying to leech off of you financially or anything, so its probably real emotion that he's working with. I say go for it. if a four year difference is the biggest of your concerns, you have something good here. Don't be afraid.

Four years means nothing when you're looking for eternal love!

To qualify as a cougar, the woman has to be older herself... i.e., late 30s/40s+.

4 years difference is nothing! and no one would blink an eye if the woman was 22 and guy 26. I really think any different 10 years or less is not that noticeable if both are adults and out of school.

Go for it and have fun!

The former Mrs Nurseman was 4 years older than me. My Mom was 4 years older than my Dad.

4 years is NOTHING. 30 years is nothing. Age is irrelevant. Why deny yourself happiness just because somebody was born the wrong year? It's like refusing somebody because they are the wrong astrological sign.

yeah my usual age range in dating goes between 24 and 26. mostly the younger though. Just make sure he doesnt act imature. Some people experiance the party life young and get bored of it faster. Most women my age are a bit too serious for me so thats why i stray towards the younger a bit. Some of them still know how to have fun but also know thier priorities.

Give it a shot. This guy may be a keeper.

What do you think? When a 22 year old girl dates a 26 year old guy it doesn't seem so weird, but there seems to be a difference in perception when the girl is older.

No not at all.

You know I wish I could be in his shoes right now cause a girl your age is what Iam looking for and If where him id try everything in my power to make it work regardless of the age.

It would be even better for him if he hasn't dated anyone.

The age difference here really is nothing... though I do know how you feel. I've had some men in my life who've been interested in me or who I've been involved with who were 3-4 years younger than me and it felt a little odd to me somehow. Most of my dating life has been spent with guys who were older than me for some reason. Me being the older one.... every once in awhile it just flashes through my mind and seems odd... dunno why. Mostly it is when I realize they are the same age as my little brother

But... its just a number. Judge by maturity and character, and do what feels right.

dang-I'm currently in a relationship with a 20 year age difference, and it's great! 4 years is nothing. Enjoy yourself and don't sweat it! Age is just a number, age difference is irrelevant, as long as there is love, and a true enjoyment of being with one another, then there is never a problem, in my opinion at least...

Actually, what's exciting is that this is the first guy interested in dating me since I went through all that horrible stuff with my ex leaving me for his ex and coming back around all the time. This is the new me, accepting guys that ARE into me and not wanting the ones who dont' really care.

Actually, what's exciting is that this is the first guy interested in dating me since I went through all that horrible stuff with my ex leaving me for his ex and coming back around all the time. This is the new me, accepting guys that ARE into me and not wanting the ones who dont' really care.

Suzanne, I am so happy for you! Your story sounds a lot like mine...for a few years I was stuck in relationships where I didn't accept that it was going nowhere and I convinced myself that if I stuck around, they'd change their mind...doesn't work. You KNOW when someone is into you, and once you experience that you should NEVER go back. In my experience, older guys are more jaded, they play games, and if they are "good catches" then generally, they are single for a reason -- anti-commitment, don't know what they want, players, etc.

I am 28 and my boyfriend is 4 years and 3 months younger than me. It is wonderful. At first, I had a major problem with it, but he has no problem with our age difference whatsoever and neither does his family -- they have said "how did you get HER?" I've always dated older guys but have found that younger guys treat me better, and are so proud to be with me, so open with their feelings. In my experience, younger guys do not play games and are not afraid to commit.

If you are happy, and he FINALLY treats you the way you deserve to be treated, then GO FOR IT!!! You deserve to be with someone who values you and is not afraid to express his feelings for you. All the best!

Archived