Haha, I'm not asking this for myself, but...

lol Keep in mind, I'm not asking the following for myself (I don't even know if guys take part in this activity, or if it's mostly a girls' thing), I'm asking because I know of a person that does do this, and I'm just curious. Anyway, how "dangerous" is it to use those tanning booths? Like, how likely is it that some one who visits them will develop cancer in the future, or something like that? Anyway, that's it.

I got hugely addicted to sunbeds for about 2 straight years. I went once every 2 days.

Then I cut it down alot but still went... about once a week for 4 years...

I dont go anymore because not only are the risks high but your skin just turns gross.

I havent had any cancer scares

Mm. Well, I'm not sure how often this person uses them, or anything like that. If I had to guess, I'd say they go maybe once or twice a month; plus, I don't know if they stop going in the summer and just do it the natural way, or what.

Very likely. 20 minutes in a tanning booth is equivalent to approximately 4 hours in the summer sun. I read recently that there have been a huge increases in the rates of skin cancer in the UK and this has been attributed to the use of tanning booths.

I read recently there's a massive increase in obesity in the UK and it's due to people eating too much.

Archived