Where are we???

adoinel

So my gf and I are in a tight spot. She is 25 and I'm 23 and have been together for a year on Monday. Last year she decided to go back to school in the pursuit of going to Med School. Let me first say she is the world to me. I love her and care for her more than I could anyone else. We have had a tough day though.

Today I was upset about a few things concerning our relationship and actually doubting parts of it. You see, I'm still in school taking summer classes and am really very busy and have a lot of stress. She asked me what was wrong this morning on the phone so I told her that I was upset about an argument we had the night before and earlier this morning. Then after confronting her on past issues I jumped to something else: "I don't want to go to the Caribbean with you if you go to med school there." That hit her really hard and she became really sad. Even started crying.

I have a problem with communication. I don't like to confront her on topics that may make her sad or lead to an argument. I guess you could say I'm a non-confrontational person. She is quite the opposite. So after we discussed taking a break or breaking up she got off to go to sleep. After we got off the phone I realized I love her so much and don't want to be without her. I just talked to her and she was saying things like "maybe we do need to be apart" and stuff about breaking up.

We broke up over a month ago after being "broken up" for about 12 hours. She did say things like we needed to break up then, but I realized she didn't want to break up. She loves me so much too. I just need to be more vocal and communicative with her, but I don't want to lose her. I would go anywhere with her, just don't want to go to the Caribbean.

How should I handle this? Is breaking up the best option or can we work through this. She will be leaving for med school next year, when I graduate, if she does get into med school. Feedback please!!!

The caribean is a wonderful place. Start packing.

Why on earth would you miss a chance to be with the women you love and live in paradise? And she is going to be a doctor and she is strong enough to deal with issues head on instead of bury them .

Get a grip. Apologize a lot. And imagine sitting at home while your love is off to a new school, new career and new better adjusted boyfriend.

You have it really good. What more do you want?

At the very least, wait until you learn where she gets into school before escalating a hypothetical situation further! You sound like a good couple. Try to cool off and get the stress levels back down before you accidentally hurt each other.

Archived