Should I be going on a First Date on my BIRTHDAY??

ConfusedDater

This girl is coming to see me from out of town and it happens to be on my birthday weekend and I just feel strange FOOTING the bill on my birthday. I mean I know men are expected to pay but don;t you kind of get away from that stuff on your birthday? So i was thinking about postponing the day

what do u guys think?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This girl is coming to see me from out of town and it happens to be on my birthday weekend and I just feel strange FOOTING the bill on my birthday. I mean I know men are expected to pay but don;t you kind of get away from that stuff on your birthday? So i was thinking about postponing the day

what do u guys think?

What's the big deal..so you have a date on your birthday...that could be kind of nice actually. If she is coming from out of town then I wouldn't re-schedule...just enjoy the outing. You don't have to do anything expensive.....what is the big deal if you have to pay for her on your birthday...a date is supposed to be a nice thing so enjoy the date and don't get so bent out of shape just because you have to pay on your birthday. Why not tell her it is your birthday..this could actually make the date even more special...and maybe she would even do something sweet for you to celebrate your birthday.

What's the big deal..so you have a date on your birthday...that could be kind of nice actually. If she is coming from out of town then I wouldn't re-schedule...just enjoy the outing. You don't have to do anything expensive.....what is the big deal if you have to pay for her on your birthday...a date is supposed to be a nice thing so enjoy the date and don't get so bent out of shape just because you have to pay on your birthday. Why not tell her it is your birthday..this could actually make the date even more special...and maybe she would even do something sweet for you to celebrate your birthday.

but i like having FUN on my birthday and me you are both old enough to know that there is nothing FUN about a first date

what do u guys think?

you only get free stuff on your birthday under the age of 12 at Chuckee Cheeses...after that we man up and pay

I wasn't thinking about at the time and then realized-"i'm not buying anyone dinner on my birthday".

well, you can either suck it up, or you can cancel on her. i know what i would do.

and if she knows its your bday, or finds out it is...she's likely to offer something.

First dates can most definitely be fun. Why not?

But the question is, were you going to do anything else if you didn't have this date? If so, then "it's my birthday and I have (so and so) planned" is a pretty good excuse to get out of a date (as long as you only use it once a year ), it shouldn't be a problem for her to understand.

But if you have nothing else planned on that day, seriously, who cares if you have to pay dinner? It would be OK for you to pay on the day before and on the day after, but not on that specific day? I'm guessing you're too old for this kind of attitude.

I will but spending money on someone would be kind of ODD on your birthday don;t you agree??

I don't agree. It is nice to be treated on your birthday sure. But - she'd be coming out of town to visit you - that should be birthday treat enough, eh?

but i like having FUN on my birthday and me you are both old enough to know that there is nothing FUN about a first date

This is something that crossed my mind. Your birthday should be a fun and relaxing day. Not a day to stress like crazy. So maybe it would be better to reschedule on that note. Unless you can find a way to relax about it.

I am telling you - we're gonna get a team of ENA'ers together and come your way to get you to relax about this dating thing! (amrt, ghost, anyone?)

You put so much weight on dates. You should have the a different thought process like "I am going on a date. Just a date - an evening of fun and we'll go from there." Rather than the "Is this the person I am going to marry" thought process that gets you frazzled... You know?

There's no law that says you shouldn't pay on your birthday. If she's coming from out of town, then I think you are both doing your part. Relax and have a good time. And stop being cheap. Dates cost money. You have this goal to go on a lot of dates, so pay for them and stop griping about it.

Look at it this way--you coudl be sitting at home in your underwear and writing crap on ENA on your birthday. Which do you choose?

Dude I feel your pain, but Uhh.. like most have said, Its time to man Up.

Wait until you're married and have a child/children... you don't get a break, even if you call off work.

On my last birthday I ended up driving 6 1/2 Hours each way to pick my wife up from her sister's place thats just over the state line...

I ended up stopping on the way home to grab dinner and we had a nice evening, but i payed for it, over $120! But yanno what, I had a nice evening with someone I loved and that was worth it, so my advice is grow up and have a nice evening!.

This girl is coming to see me from out of town and it happens to be on my birthday weekend and I just feel strange FOOTING the bill on my birthday. I mean

Most of us look at dating as a means to a wonderful, committed relationship - or at the very least, a night of fun ( ) - I think both of those ends far outweigh this strange phobia of 'footing the bill' on your birthday.

Suck it up man, it's no big deal... just have your 'birthday/rest' time the next day.

There's no law that says you shouldn't pay on your birthday. If she's coming from out of town, then I think you are both doing your part. Relax and have a good time. And stop being cheap. Dates cost money. You have this goal to go on a lot of dates, so pay for them and stop griping about it.

Look at it this way--you coudl be sitting at home in your underwear and writing crap on ENA on your birthday. Which do you choose?

well spotted....

Cancelled first dates.... He'd be so upset if someone cancelled a first date on him. Many people would.

On that note - - - Are you thinking about cancelling because you're worried that she may cancel and that would ruin your birthday cd?

Its not cancelled, its just planned for a different day...maybe even the next day.

Regardless, what else is he going to do on his birthday? Either way he'll be paying, evn if it's the next day. Money doesn't change b/c you had a birthday. I agree he shouldn't have planned a date for his bday if it would be such a big deal, but he's hellbent on dating right now, so he shoudl definitely suck it up and just go on it, birthday or not.

Regardless, what else is he going to do on his birthday? Either way he'll be paying, evn if it's the next day. Money doesn't change b/c you had a birthday. I agree he shouldn't have planned a date for his bday if it would be such a big deal, but he's hellbent on dating right now, so he shoudl definitely suck it up and just go on it, birthday or not.

But the issue for him is that he doesn't want to pay on specifically his birthday.

I think not wanting to pay on your birthday is childish. You're not a kid anymore. Birthdays aren't that big of a deal when you get a bit older. If you don't want to pay than don't go...i don't think its a complex puzzle or problem. You just need to make a decision and either suck it up and pay on your birthday or not go out with her.

Archived