Ok my boyfriend and I have been broken up about 3 weeks now... We have had 2 short conversations within the time frame. He texts me today to see what I was up to and wants me to come hang out. He told me it was up to me. I asked if it would be too hurtful because we're broken up and he said well if you've moved on, then we might rethink the visit. I havne't moved on, just been taking time to myself. I have never broke up with anyone I loved and cared about so much until now. I am just wondering how one transitions back into the whole relationship scene. I assume he is wanting to work things out? We took time apart because we were arguing more and he wanted to be with his friends and party and all that.. We told each other we still loved each other, but we had to do this to figure things out..... So any advice would be great!

It seams to me that he wants reconciliation. He just needed time to be alone.

Second possibility is that he tried not successfully with someone else.

First one is more likely to me.

Accept visit, but be careful and little reserve, and also polite. Don’t suggest anything, let him do the work.

As I said be polite to him, but little unreachable.

Ditto micro's suggestion, but when you let a guy do all the work, you often let them set the pace of things as well. DON'T FALL FOR THIS. Go super, super slow before you get involved again. Especially because you don't know what your status is right now. Make him swear allegiance to the flag and mean it, then give him some time and space before you consider getting physical (again?) because you need to make sure he's here to stay this time and not just looking for a relationship to phase in and out of, using your body and your heart like toys instead of treating you with human dignity and respect. Whatever happens, hang in there!

Dont do it. dont meet. and stop responding to texts. if he wants to talk serious he will call.

She should be open for conversation with him, but as I said unreachable – read hard to get.

In this way he will not know where he stands regarding their relationship. He will be confused and try to get what he can’t easily have.

Archived