Is there any chance of finding my husband?

I agree with Enigmatika, emailas and thejigisup: the OP seems far more concerned with the financial aspects of this situation than with a few (IMO) more pressing facts:

1. How her children are coping with the fact that their father has disappeared;

2. Her marriage is in tatters;

3. HOW HER CHILDREN ARE COPING.

Sure, the financial stuff needs to be sorted out as a matter of practicality, but what disturbs me is that RoNancy "feels really good about the situation" because her lawyer has told her that the situation with the "monies" should be resolved in her favor. Seems to me like a phyrric victory at best.

How can you feel really good about such a terrible end to the union that produced your three children? Why is there no sadness about the loss of this man RoNancy has spent so many years with?

Also: why isn't this mother being more proactive to take care of her children? If my husband left me without anything, I'd be hurt/angry/younameit, but I would not be sitting around, waiting for a PI to track down the "monies" my children and I need to get by. I would be hitting the pavement, finding work, making the best of a bad situation for the sake of my children.

I don't think anyone has said that Jack is a wonderful guy, only that there are many versions of truth. Who knows what Jack's version would be?

Ok, let's forget about Jack for a moment. I think you should proceed based on the assumption that he won't be found - plan for the worst and hope for the best, right?

Any ideas about what kind of employment you might get? Are you going to be able to make your next mortgage payment?

i agree - it's time to proceed as though you'll never see him again or the money. you never know what will happen, and by the time you pay the lawyers, there might be nothing left. have you gone searching for jobs?

and how are the kids doing?

Archived