Does he like me or not?

Waterlily

Hi. I´m 25, and got something weird going on with me. There is this guy I study with, whom I´ve been physically (and a little emotionally) attracted to for a couple of years. We see each other everyday, and have a close contact. He dated a friend of ours and broke up with her 2 months ago, in an unfriendly way. She is angry with him, tells me a lot of bad things he did to her but I think she still likes him.

The problem is that 1 month ago he started trying to get a little too close with me (more close than I expect a friend´s ex-bf to be). He´s never been the kind of guy that tells people about his feelings, but he started to tell me how much he feels in need of a female presense (physically speaking) in his life, how much time it´s been since he last kissed, that he doesn´t want to be single for a long time. The says that for guys meeting someone interesting is more difficult than it is for women - he thinks women just have to show they are interested , and when I tell him it´s difficult for me to do that, his answer is that I could get anyone that I wanted.

I´m not able to analyse his speech from a neutral point of view, because of my feelings for him. When he tells me all that, what do you think he wants?

Thanks for taking your time reading this!

Hi,

I am sorry for lecturing this to you. I feel somewhat silly, because after all you are 25 and an adult. But I don't see how to express my concerns in a different way than I am about to do.

I suggest to you that you are being careful this young man. I am talking from a male's perspective here. Zippitt did this in an excellent way, and I am going to copy this from him (sorry, zippitt... but thank you!). Let's look at the facts:

1)

but he started to tell me how much he feels in need of a female presense (physically speaking) in his life

2)

how much time it´s been since he last kissed

Those two things are scary. Does he only need a 'female' body to make love to? If that's what you are looking for, I would defenitely make a move! I think he does want you ... at least in a physical way.

The says that for guys meeting someone interesting is more difficult than it is for women - he thinks women just have to show they are interested , and when I tell him it´s difficult for me to do that, his answer is that I could get anyone that I wanted

RED LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--> This sounds like a 'typical' pick up trick to me and it does.

what do you think he wants?

Seriously? If you ask me, he's just physically attracted to you.

Thanks for taking your time reading this!

You're very welcome, I hope this really helps.

~ SwingFox ~

• 2 months later...

I agree with swingfox here. you say this guy is not the person who is able to express his feelings. Isn't that nesesary to be in a relationship?. Guys who can't express their feelings make women feel abandoned and that is unfair to them. This guy wants just sex. Sex is fine and part of a relationship and anyone can get sex by asking honestly for it IF that's the only thing a person wants. Im sure you deserve more than that.

Definitly going to agree with SwingFox here. This guy does seem interested in you, but not to the degree that you are in him. If you're just wanting the physical contact from him, well, I think that's what he's offering. But as for a relationship.......