Proud of myself...

bicksford

So I used to be extremely shy, and I still think I am shy, but anyway... Today I was at the beach and decided to walk up to three random girls and talk to them. I got really nervous at first but it got easier as I just kept talking. They were pretty shy which was the surprising part. I figured with three of them and one of me that I'd be the one that was shy, but w/e. It turned out they were too young for me, but we talked about random things and I think it was a big step for me. I'm glad I did it and I hope I learned something from it. I used to be barely able to speak to a girl if my friend had one around so I've come a long way.

Thanks a lot! It was a huge step for me. I just tried to keep them talking and make them laugh. It also helped that I thought I'd probably never see them again but it turned out they live in my town. Oh well O_o

well, good for you for branching out....

as I said,

sometimes, we don't see ourselves as we are.

you are probably a really good looking guy with a lot of personality with a lot to offer.

perhaps "life" has beaten you down, so you "think" you don't have that to offer anymore.

Good for you for stepping outside of the box.

my best to you...

Allie

That's awesome! I know how it feels to overcome that huge barrier of shyness. You did something that I still have a lot of trouble doing - approaching a group of girls. Just reading this might give me a boost of confidence in the next few days to do it.

It's hard to imagine before you make the approach, but I'm sure they were thinking "This cute guy actually came up to us?! What do I say?! Do I look alright?!"

Thanks, and trust me, if I can do it you can. I guess I've had a rush of confidence boosters lately, some compliments from girls, confidence in myself from stopping a relationship that was going nowhere (it was HARD to do), and it just came out in this way. If it doesn't happen though don't feel bad. I've had plenty of times where I wanted to do something but didn't and ended up lying in bed feeling bad that I didn't do that thing. It's much easier on yourself to just do it rather than regret it. I hope I will do it again soon and next time I hope they're older. I once told a girl that my friend thought she was cute and he thanked me a lot later because they ended up making out... haha

It's hard to imagine before you make the approach, but I'm sure they were thinking "This cute guy actually came up to us?! What do I say?! Do I look alright?!"

Haha that is exactly what the girls would be thinking!!

Bicksford im glad things have given you confidence boosters. You deserve them im sure Its hard especially if you have been shy for a long time to break out of it. And congrats on ending that relationship too.

So I used to be extremely shy, and I still think I am shy, but anyway... Today I was at the beach and decided to walk up to three random girls and talk to them. I got really nervous at first but it got easier as I just kept talking. They were pretty shy which was the surprising part. I figured with three of them and one of me that I'd be the one that was shy, but w/e. It turned out they were too young for me, but we talked about random things and I think it was a big step for me. I'm glad I did it and I hope I learned something from it. I used to be barely able to speak to a girl if my friend had one around so I've come a long way.

see how empowering it feels after? why be nervous? pffft, blow that off and just do it. that's more than 60% of guys can do.

Yay! I did it again!! This time it was just one girl. She was a good age and she was very pretty. I think there were a few things I could've improved on but I'm just glad I did it and am not being too critical on myself yet. I have plenty of opportunities, summer has barely begun. I will see this girl a lot too probably, and hopefully I'll keep talking to her. She seems really nice. Thanks for the support everyone. It got easier even after the first time, so I'm only imagining after I've done it a dozen or so times. It's exciting! Thanks for helping me build confidence!

p.s., just to try to share some of my learning to those who are in the position I am and are shy, don't get too angry at yourself. If you have trouble talking to somebody then it may just not be the right time. With this girl I saw her a few days ago and wanted to talk to her but I really wasn't in the best of moods so I said, okay this isn't the day for it, and I didn't talk to her. Today I was in a better mood and felt more confident so I did it. So just try not to be down on yourself if your body is telling you not to. It may just not be your day.

Great keep it up, eventually you'll get over being shy..lol....It starts somewhere at a point...

no number yet. I'm trying to take it slow. Just like I am with running. I've started running and I know it's important to build endurance and just get out there and run and not push yourself too hard. I'm treating this the same way, just slow progress and trying to build endurance. I'll work up to that point, but I don't want to go in over my head yet and "pull a muscle". I'm pretty sure I'll see this one again so maybe I'll see about a number soon. Also, in case anybody is wondering, I've gone on dates before but I've never asked anybody on one before. When I was younger girls always approached me so I never had to learn to do it myself, but now that I'm getting older it doesn't seem to work that way so I'm trying to adapt. I'll still be really nervous about a date though too because kissing makes me really nervous. That's another thing I used to not have to initiate, girls would ask me to kiss them.... That's something I've recently started working on as well. It's tough!!!

Good for you! I totally know what you mean. I've been in those type of situations where I think I will totally embarrass myself if I approach someone, but when I do it, it doesn't seem so bad! Then I wonder why I was stressing over it for nothing. It does feel great, doesn't it?

Archived