What Constitutes a Guy Saying the All the Right Things on a Date?

Cannon

i think it will vary from person to person - no 2 people are alike or are looking for the same thing, so best to be yourself.

i'd say that the right thing includes being honest, but not too revealing, especially about negative topics, being polite, on time, respectful, not talking about your ex, favorite sex position, favorite sex position with the ex, the strip club you went to last night, or how your date can make herself 'hotter.'

i think it will vary from person to person - no 2 people are alike or are looking for the same thing, so best to be yourself.

i'd say that the right thing includes being honest, but not too revealing, especially about negative topics, being polite, on time, respectful, not talking about your ex, favorite sex position, favorite sex position with the ex, the strip club you went to last night, or how your date can make herself 'hotter.'

Oh, those were "Dont Say" topics. Damn it.

But I've got to agree, if you've got to speak of the strip club, refer to how great the DJ was.

If you want to be sneaky about it, make friends with the girl's friends, and figure what she's about. I prefer to be honest and just see if we click, since there's no fooling eventually, but still, some people aim for other things.

I think for the grand questions girls throw on guys on dates there are certain answers that cater as most suitable and best looked upon by women. These questions are typically general and include:

So what do you do? What is your relationship like with your family? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Certain specific answers to all of the above mentioned will be favourably looked upon by 99% of all ladies.

Here's something I find unbelievably attractive: It's not what the man says, it's when I sense he's a good listener and is interested in me that I'm turned on. When it's your turn to talk, just say what's natural for you. When it's not your turn, show interest.

I admit I have trouble "just listening", too. It takes a conscious effort to do so, when you're so concerned about saying the right thing and being perceived in a positive light. But next time you're on a date, give that a try. Hey, I will too! As I read in an article the other day about business negotiations, "It's about the relationship, not the transaction." I had to laugh because I immediately transferred that to friendly/romantic relationships. It's understanding the other person that's going to take you to the next level to develop something substantive. And the only way to do that is through listening. Funny how business etiquette can really work in your favor in dating

Plus, if you find yourself really listening, and not worrying about what to say, you'll surprise yourself when your responses come naturally.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I thought this was a good answer Captain, but I got kind of tickled. I went on a friend date with my ex last Friday and I asked him this very question and he got mad at me, gave me a ugly look and gave me the finger.

Some folks don't like that question I guess...

Archived