Pre cum

bobsiesprincess

Just wondering, what are the chances of getting pregnant from pre cum?

Exactly the same as after finishing the job...

Also what are the chances of getting pregnant from pre cum when on the pill but not the best at taking it?

I'm not a female human being, but "not the best at taking it" doesn't sound safe...

I know people will bash me for this, but I don't think it does. Go ahead bash away peeps.

Unless theres stray sperm in the urethra, pre-cum is just a lubricate for the urethra to allow the sperm/semen mix to come out.

A recent ejaculation within the last 24 hours could leave stray sperm left in the urethra unless urination occurred between the last ejaculation and the sex session in question.

Its still a risk though. Even less of a risk when birth control is taken.

My education tells me that pre cum does have sperm, and it only takes one to get the girl pregnant, but it takes thousands to break down the membrane of the egg so that the one can get in -- some problems with infertility is that the man simply doesn't produce enough viable sperm to get the egg broken down and inpregnated. In fact, with sperm count and viability, ovulation and hormone levels, it seems getting pregnant should be a very difficult thing to do.

Regarding the pill... it you can't take them religiously, then get the shot or something. It's very irresponsible to not take your birth control.

Just wondering, what are the chances of getting pregnant from pre cum?

Exactly the same as after finishing the job...

[/b]

The chances are definitely NOT the same! But it is possible.

With "typical" use, including missed pills, the effectiveness of the pill is about 95%. Meaning over the course of the year 5% of women on the pill will get pregnant. Maybe you could set an alarm to remind you to take your pill? Or move the time when you take it to a time that you will remember better (every morning when you wake up, at the beginning of your lunch hour ...)

I'm very pregnancy-averse, really don't want to get pregnant, so my bf and I always use the pill AND condoms. I never worry about pregnancy!

I think you should be ok then, yes it's optimal to take it nearly the same time every day. It's been years since I took the pill, but I thought you could even miss one day and take two the next to get back on track, as long as it didn't happen very often during the month's cycle. I thought you meant you miss days of taking it.

OMG, I dont take pills or use condoms or anything. just pulling out. we also have sex again after he once ejaculated, because he can stay hard. do you think it is so risky then??

The failure rate of the pull out method is 15-28%, so 15-28% chance of getting pregnant over a year. IF you don't want to get pregnant, I would consider using another method.

Birth control pills are usually 99% effective for perfect use, and 95% for typical use (which includes women who miss pills).

I know people will bash me for this, but I don't think it does. Go ahead bash away peeps.

Unless theres stray sperm in the urethra, pre-cum is just a lubricate for the urethra to allow the sperm/semen mix to come out.

A recent ejaculation within the last 24 hours could leave stray sperm left in the urethra unless urination occurred between the last ejaculation and the sex session in question.

Its still a risk though. Even less of a risk when birth control is taken.

This is true. Ejaculate and pre-ejaculate come from different places. In no way is it possible for pre-ejaculate (which comes from the cowpers gland only) to contain as much sperm as ejaculate. Only the holy rollers will tell you that to scare you. However, if he has masturbated or had a previous sexual encounter with you that resulted in ejaculation earlier that day, it is possible for a few stray sperm to be pushed out from the pre-cum.

So i'd say, if you're on the pill and it was just precum (had he not ejaculated before hand and all that) your chances are pretty low. I wouldn't do it again though, if you aren't good at taking the pill, i'd suggest condoms as your backup method. While the pullout method can and does work SOMETIMES, doesn't always mean you will be lucky. I use condoms/spermicide combo myself just to keep me stress-free. Also, birth control pills have been known to regulate your cycle really good (they put my aunt who was trying to concieve on birth control to regulate her periods, and when she stopped taking them got pregnant right away) so if you keep missing pills and have unprotected sex, chances are probably higher of pregnancy. Keep that in mind and use condoms if you truly don't want to have a baby. Then you won't have to worry about precum and sperm.

OMG, I dont take pills or use condoms or anything. just pulling out. we also have sex again after he once ejaculated, because he can stay hard. do you think it is so risky then??

Very much so. At least use condoms, they are right around the corner, easy to get, inexpensive. Cheaper than prenatal care, childbirth, immunizations and checkups for the child, baby food, diapers....etc.

Very much so. At least use condoms, they are right around the corner, easy to get, inexpensive. Cheaper than prenatal care, childbirth, immunizations and checkups for the child, baby food, diapers....etc.

but he doesnt like condoms, he says it kills the sensations for him, I think condoms would be hard on me too and I have heard pills make you fat and etc.

you are playing with fire, my dear....get on some sort of birthcontrol. asap. unless you're ready for a little pooping, puking, crying machine

but he doesnt like condoms, he says it kills the sensations for him, I think condoms would be hard on me too and I have heard pills make you fat and etc.

you'll get fat if you get knocked up, not from taking birthcontrol... which would you prefer?

i have to second what Cairo said.....

Too bad guys don't realize that the condom thing is all in their heads. I love how guys say that, whenever there are so many guys out there who DO use condoms. I dont see how condoms can be hard on you though, unless you are allergic to latex, which is why we now have polyurathane condoms. Never killed the mood between me and my fiance, it makes us feel WAYYYY better in fact, because worrying just kills our mood.

Also, if pills made you fat, why does everyone take them then? I know so many people on the pill and they haven't gained a single pound from it.

As ILMBC said, pregnancy also makes you fat. If the pull out method is your sole method of birth control - you are indeed playing with fire. Especially if you are having sex AFTER he has already ejaculated.

To the OP - I think you are going to be ok. I have never used the pill, but from what I have heard, it is better if you can take it within the same window. What about trying to push it later in the day, either consistently take it at noon, or push it further into the evening. I have heard of enough people who "took the pill" and are now/were pregnant. Obviously they were doing minor things to lessen the efficacy of the pill (taking antibiotics, not taking it consistently, taking St John's Wort etc)

Too bad guys don't realize that the condom thing is all in their heads. I love how guys say that, whenever there are so many guys out there who DO use condoms.

Oh I don't think it's "all in their heads". It *does* feel different, but at the same time, the risk of pregnancy outweighs that if you are in a situation where you are trying to avoid a pregnancy. In other words, it's a bad reason for not using a condom if you are trying to avoid a pregnancy -- but that doesn't mean that it isn't true that it feels different -- it does.

Oh I don't think it's "all in their heads". It *does* feel different, but at the same time, the risk of pregnancy outweighs that if you are in a situation where you are trying to avoid a pregnancy. In other words, it's a bad reason for not using a condom if you are trying to avoid a pregnancy -- but that doesn't mean that it isn't true that it feels different -- it does.

Females feel a difference too (at least me) but, i just find it weird how so many guys DO feel a difference yet they still get hard. I'm wondering why all guys can't do this. Unwanted pregnancy is a big turn off, lol, so using no condom because you merely can't get it up is crazy.

It also helps to give your partner a BJ first (w/o cumming)....that oughtta keep it up when the condom is on.

Archived