For our mothers

KG

To those who've lost a Mother....

"Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way you always used. Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word it always was. Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of a shadow on it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well."

Henry Scott Holland 1847-1918

Canon of St. Paul's Cathedral

Thanks KG.

I had guests the whole day, I've just now lit a candle for her. Had a few tears remembering her, she was wonderful the few years we spend together. Mothers day is always hard for me, who is my mom "the one who gave birth to me or the one who adopted me".Well this is for the one who gave birth to me. I will never understand why you did it, but I forgive you and I love you mom.

Love

Jeen

Oh man, I am just about ready to cry and I still have my mother around. That is very nicely written...very heartwarming.

same here, cad... very, very sweet.

(i'm going to fall apart when my mom passes)

Archived