Ladies, Sunglasses and Shoes, how important are they on men?

Got2getit

Obviously they don't mean everything. But in a world of style, it matters a little, right?

For example, will you notice if a guy is wearing nice sunglasses and nice shoes? Will it matter in the least? This is obviously if you have never met the person before.

I've heard umteen times that women look at men's shoes a lot. I've also heard that the right pair of sunglasses can make you look that much better. Any truth?

Obviously they don't mean everything. But in a world of style, it matters a little, right?

For example, will you notice if a guy is wearing nice sunglasses and nice shoes? Will it matter in the least? This is obviously if you have never met the person before.

I've heard umteen times that women look at men's shoes a lot. I've also heard that the right pair of sunglasses can make you look that much better. Any truth?

Lol, I always hear all this advice that's like "men don't understand how important their shoes are to women." I seriously doubt that though. If a girl seriously doesn't like me because I wear sneakers, then she's got a serious problem with being too shallow.

An all around, clean good look is fine. Sunglasses, whatever, just pick some regular-looking ones up at Wal-Mart and they can look good. Shoes aren't a big deal, as long as they are clean and if you're wearing sandals, make sure your feet look clean and sanitary, lol.

I've never heard that line before, but i would have to say if any female judges people on shoes they are not worth your time.

I've never heard that line before, but i would have to say if any female judges people on shoes they are not worth your time.

I don't think they would judge you as a person, but if a guy has great, funky shoes, Id definitely compliment him.... or tell him the shoes make his outfit look good!

obviously if you don't have the money to buy nice shoes and sunglasses, there's not much you can do but hold your head high and project class from your personality. But if you CAN afford it, then there's no excuse.

Shoes are said to be the one item of clothing which says the most about how you feel about yourself. It all comes from the shoes. Look at your shoes and ask yourself what your shoes say? then try on a nice pair of Italian shoes, and see if you feel different. I don't know how to explain it, but shoes matter. Call me shallow, but I could never find a man sexy who willingly wore cheap shoes with bad style (e.g. brown loafers or those overly designed running shoes yuck!). And as for sunnies, some sunglasses just make me want to run away. I've noticed some men usually labourers who are in a culture where style is supposed to not matter. They're the ones most likely to wear those awful alien glasses, you know, what that gremlin wore in that film gremlin? The horror!

Style matters. It's a part of how you communicate with the people you meet. Your fashion choices are a visual extension of your manners. Don't dismiss it. I mean, it would be sad if you became an obsessed slave to style, but putting a bit of thought and investing some $ if you can afford it into having some style is just one more thing you can do to improve yourself. So get over whatever is making you not want to bother at all, and put in some effort. But don't just do it for us ladies. Do it for yourself. And to set an example to the men. It's just one more way to give yourself an advantage.

i've been hit on several times about my shoes. they are rare actually. not many pairs made. all good comments. so ladies do notice. some more than likely don't care. but i agree that if they are horrible, it could be a turnoff. but sunglasses? i'm not sure about that. more girls have told me that i should wear them cause it hides my eyes. same with a hat with the bill forward.

Lol, I always hear all this advice that's like "men don't understand how important their shoes are to women." I seriously doubt that though. If a girl seriously doesn't like me because I wear sneakers, then she's got a serious problem with being too shallow.

Its the first thing they look at, trust me.

All I can say is that a few years back I started paying attention to dressing, including shoes, sunglasses, etc., and with little other change, the results have been pretty amazing. I'm still no metrosexual, and you don't have to be.

Some things I learned

1. ditch hats unless you are doing something where you need the sun out of your eyes, as women ARE most definitely into a man's hair (or lack thereof if he's bald, which lots like), especially if you are told you have good hair (whatever that means).

2. Ditch sneakers except exercising or outdoor activities.

3. Wear good cologne sparingly. If you aren't wearing cologne, you are shortchanging yourself.

4. Wear clothes that fit, especially pants, but shirts too. Most guys dress way to baggy and relaxed fit. Even overweight, fitting clothes are more flattering than loose. They are masters of camoflauge, and can picture you how you look without clothes much better than you can them (despite more practice hehe)

5. Women can see little hairs you can't. Trim your nose and ears regularly. One little hair on an earlobe can tick a woman off (and turn her off).

6. Wear shirts with a collar much more than t-shirts.

I think I'd laugh at the girl who told me it mattered for about 10 minutes, so at least it wouldn't bother me.

I guess it depends on your age, too. I just wear what I feel like wearing, everyone else be damned, and that hasn't really made it hard on me. As long as you aren't going out and looking ridiculous then I can't see it actively hurting you. I for one would pay someone 500 dollars just to avoid wearing italian shoes.

I never started looking at men's shoes until I heard all the fuss about them and how women should notice them. I still don't get it, a guys's shoes don't tell me much. As long as they're clean and well-kept then I don't care. Sunglasses can make a guy look hot, unless he's wearing them everywhere and in places he shouldn't just to "look cool".

all valid things i take care of except #6. i love t-shirts. all the shirts i wear out are pretty much pretty tight skater/punk/design type shirts with a pattern on them. i have never had a bad compliment on them. it fits my style and forms to my body. which is nice btw. plus i'm comfortable. sure, i can wear button up long sleeve shirts with a collar, but i don't want to be like every other D-bag around that's out.

Well im 40s, so adjust accordingly. BTW, all shirts with collars aren't lame buttondowns, which I rarely wear. The kind of t-shirts I'm talking about are the comfortable baggy ones with worn out collars, logos and such that we all wear around the house.

The thing I don't get about shoes is what else is there for men besides sneakers and dress shoes? I admit, I sometimes laugh at myself because I look like a dork with my rugged sneakers popping out of my jeans, but I never really considered anything else to wear.

The thing I don't get about shoes is what else is there for men besides sneakers and dress shoes? I admit, I sometimes laugh at myself because I look like a dork with my rugged sneakers popping out of my jeans, but I never really considered anything else to wear.

flip flops. lol

1. Boots, I call em soho boots, the low boots that just cover your ankle? Clean Roper boots (basically plain working cowboy boots, no design or fancy skin or anything)

2. Loafers, plain or tassle depending on your tastes. Cole Haan type driving shoes, even sometimes shoes like bass weejuns with the right other stuff.

3. Lace ups, dirty bucs (women where I am love these, not white bucs though, I swear I had one tell me "those shoes are gonna get you laid tonight" on a second date), Doc martins (sp?) type lace shoes that are less clunky.

Tailor it to your body, shorter men with small feet shouldn't wear the clunkier shoes, taller guys or guys with big feet should wear shoes that streamline the foot.

LOL, swear I'm not * * * * * eye for the straight guy in disguise, just stuff I've learned dating over the last five years of paying more attention to what I wear.

EDIT: OMG they bleep out the term " * * * * * ?" funny...

Archived