I'm TORN! What would you do?! LOL

I feel I double booked, lol.

I have friends coming in for just the weekend from back home ... they didn't come for me BUT when found out they were coming, of course we all wanted to hang out ........ so i've got that .......... then my new boss is having a BBQ at her house .......... and all the girls from work are going to go ............. and then go to the clubs afterward. sooo it's like i have these two plans .... with two different people ... and i can't conjoin them cause on of my friends from home is pregnant and one of the guys isn't even 21.

Problem with the BBQ is it's an hour away from where I live .... So it's like if I drink ...... the drive home ........ well ya ........ no. But my boss just texted that I can stay at her house .

I don't know what to do!!!!! AHHHH! Any suggestions??

I have friends coming in for just the weekend from back home ... they didn't come for me BUT when found out they were coming, of course we all wanted to hang out ........ so i've got that .......... then my new boss is having a BBQ at her house .......... and all the girls from work are going to go ............. and then go to the clubs afterward. sooo it's like i have these two plans .... with two different people ... and i can't conjoin them cause on of my friends from home is pregnant and one of the guys isn't even 21.

Problem with the BBQ is it's an hour away from where I live .... So it's like if I drink ...... the drive home ........ well ya ........ no. But my boss just texted that I can stay at her house .

well your boss will more than likely have other get togethers where as your friends probably won't be coming down that often to Cali.

I would say hook up with the friends from home.....

Any chance of you taking your friends to the boss's bbq?

well your boss will more than likely have other get togethers where as your friends probably won't be coming down that often to Cali.

I would say hook up with the friends from home.....

Any chance of you taking your friends to the boss's bbq?

well see ... thats what i was thinking too, but they are hitting up the club afterward. and like i said one is prego and one isnt 21 ...

well see ... thats what i was thinking too, but they are hitting up the club afterward. and like i said one is prego and one isnt 21 ...

Okay but maybe skip the clubs......Sorry i had missed the part about one being preggy and the other underage......

Maybe you guys can find something interesting to do together minus the drinking since really neither one of them can drink.....LOL

i think it's potentially dangerous to mix alcohol, clubs, and your boss. chances are, something inappropriate can happen, and it can ruin your career at work, or at least, sully your image. (i know, it's happened to me, i speak from experience. anyways, that was a few years ago, i think i've recovered! or at least, i hope!

my recommendation would be to nix the drinking with the boss. even if your friend wasn't coming from out of town. and certainly don't spend the night. if your boss is having a bbq, go for lunch, have 1-2 drinks, then go home.

since your friend is in town, absolutely see them. and tell your boss thanks for the invite.

Ignore the barbeque at your own risk. If you are the new girl, it doesn't look very good if you blow off the party. Trust me. I know these are your old friends, I would be torn, also. As my friends and I are all very ambitious, they would understand why I went with the work crew. Tough call. Only you know how they will take it but I make it a point to never waste a chance to network.

Ignore the barbeque at your own risk. If you are the new girl, it doesn't look very good if you blow off the party. Trust me. I know these are your old friends, I would be torn, also. As my friends and I are all very ambitious, they would understand why I went with the work crew. Tough call. Only you know how they will take it but I make it a point to never waste a chance to network.

true, attending the bbq is good for networking.... but spending the night at the boss' place and going drinking with them sounds like it can lead to trouble.... spilling too much about your personal life, hitting on someone, etc.... it just sounds too boozy a fest to be safe. if she goes to the bbq, it should be for an hour or two, and no more than 1-2 drinks.

I disagree about blowing off the party not looking good for the job.

I did not do a lot of socials like that with coworkers, and i raelly didn't do any drinking with the boss. Especially not a club.

I will do after hours events if it is a work event like a client we need to take out, or meeting up with the team for dinner and a couple of drinks.

But things like going clubbing with the boss is something i decline.

Archived