Afraid to be happy?

tryinrealhard

Ifear fantisizing about being happy because I fear it will never be real. I fear someday being happy because I am afraid I won't be good at it. Yet, still, on days when I fail to keep myself busy enough, I find my mind drifting to the imaginary world where I have a boyfriend who loves me, a job I love, a comfortable home of my own, and time everyday for myself to spend pursuing useless hobbies, like horseriding or quilting, for my own enjoyment. Has anyone else ever felt this way? Now I go to return to my blue life of a rented apartment and lonely exhistance and draining, exhausting routine.

oK know that negative thinking brings negatie results and positive thinking bring positve results. It's all up to you and how do you figure you won't be good at being happy. Being happy is a state of mind not physical and the outside world doesn't influence your happiness. YOU DO! having a loving b/f doesn't make up for the void you feeling from being miserable. YOu have to crawl before you walk. What's wrong with doing those useless hobbies, working as many jobs as possible to keep busy while making that money. I'd bet that you are not even 30 yet?? Kids?? none right

Life is an adventure so live it as if it's your last day on the ride. Treat your first like your last

oK know that negative thinking brings negatie results and positive thinking bring positve results. It's all up to you and how do you figure you won't be good at being happy. Being happy is a state of mind not physical and the outside world doesn't influence your happiness. YOU DO! having a loving b/f doesn't make up for the void you feeling from being miserable. YOu have to crawl before you walk. What's wrong with doing those useless hobbies, working as many jobs as possible to keep busy while making that money. I'd bet that you are not even 30 yet?? Kids?? none right

Life is an adventure so live it as if it's your last day on the ride. Treat your first like your last

I agree. You have to work on your mindset. There are lots of things to be happy about, even when there are stressful things going on that make you unhappy. Nobody is happy all the time but you can be a generally happy person rather than a generally unhappy person.

For a bit of inspiration...here is the theme song from the oldy Partridge Family show "C'mon get happy"

Hello, world, here's a song that we're singin',

c'mon get happy

A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringin',

we'll make you happy

We had a dream we'd go trav'lin' together

We'd spread a little lovin then we'd keep movin' on

Somethin' always happens whenever we're together

We get a happy feelin' when we're singin' a song

Trav'lin' along there's a song that we're singin',

c'mon get happy

A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringin',

we'll make you happy

We'll make you happy,

we'll make you happy

• 2 weeks later...

Be happy with the good things you have now, otherwise people won't wanna talk to you if you're miserable

Have you still got all your arms and legs? do you have family you love, and friends you like spending time with? Those are things to be thankful for.

Yes, we all daydream about the things we want but unfortunately we cant make someone fall in love with us, want to settle down with us. yes we can make money if we are ambitious enough to obtain a nice house, car. etc. but its important to feel happy inside before we can attract someone who is right for us

I dont know who I am to talk though, i look for love in ALL the wrong places! lol

good luck x

Archived