Dating & First impressions:

Lauren8785

I went on a few dates before. Dressed in a cute shirt and capris. To me I don't think that is dressing bad. The outfit looks cute to me. But I don't think guys want to see a girl in a t-shirt and capris the first time, right?? I think guys expect the lady to be dressed nicer, and look sophisticated correct??

A long time ago some friends pointed that out, saying that could be a reason the date didn't work out. Not that I dress bad, but it could improve.

The thing is I just never feel comfortable wearing V-necks or really cut low tops. It just makes me feel very exposed and I don't like that. Plus to me it doesn't look right on me. I'm not big into fashion or anything, so I am totally clueless there, but I do think I should dress nicer if I want to attract a man.

Any tips or places where I can go online to find something cute, yet fashionable??? Not a big fan of dresses either.

I watch that tv show "What not to Wear," and try to go by there methods or rules of fashion.

i think capris and a t-shirt is probably just fine for a first meet. especially if it's a cute t and capri, not anything old or grungy. i don't think guys would really have clothes as a dealbreaker, that makes no sense to me. i don't think most heterosexual men care so much about clothes that it would make or break the date. more likely, maybe some other factors went into it, maybe they didn't feel compatible, for whatever reason.

i think the t and capris is good for a daytime date, not so good for say a dinner date at a fancy restaurant.

i definitely agree with dressing in a way you feel comfortable and is size appropriate.

Go with what's comfortable. It's more your personality and aura that he'll be attracted to than your clothes. If you feel comfy in them, you'll be more apt to be your wonderful self. Do you watch "What not to Wear?" I LOVE that show. The clothes are usually dressier, but they do give good ideas. If you want, you can spiff up a t-shirt and capris with a pretty necklace and bag or something.

but some guys like high maintence, and that's ok. imagine a man like donald trump - he seems to like the polished looking ladies. but if you're trying to attract a more down to earth guy, then ts and capris is good. just depends on who you are and what you are trying to attract. i like to dress kind of basic, with an artsy flair. like adding a funky scarf or earrings to an otherwise simple outfit.

Go with what's comfortable. It's more your personality and aura that he'll be attracted to than your clothes. If you feel comfy in them, you'll be more apt to be your wonderful self. Do you watch "What not to Wear?" I LOVE that show. The clothes are usually dressier, but they do give good ideas. If you want, you can spiff up a t-shirt and capris with a pretty necklace and bag or something.

Yep I love that show too! They do give great tips! Someday they can do me..LOL!!

i think capris and a t-shirt is probably just fine for a first meet. especially if it's a cute t and capri, not anything old or grungy. i don't think guys would really have clothes as a dealbreaker, that makes no sense to me. i don't think most heterosexual men care so much about clothes that it would make or break the date. more likely, maybe some other factors went into it, maybe they didn't feel compatible, for whatever reason.

i think the t and capris is good for a daytime date, not so good for say a dinner date at a fancy restaurant.

i definitely agree with dressing in a way you feel comfortable and is size appropriate.

Yeah your probably right. It does seem a tad dumb to make or break a date over clothing.

Archived