I broke up with my ex 4 months ago. It was a mutual break up, and we had been together 8 months when it happened. Since the break-up, I cut all contact with him, deleted him from the MSN, deleted his numbers, and moved on. Not with other guys but on with my life. I was never expecting to see or hear from him again. Don't get me wrong, I never hated him, I loved him a lot, and after the break up i had no hard feelings towards him, but it was just best to move on.

Out of the blue -- he calls me the other day to go for a coffee, and i accepted. When we went out he told me that he really misses me, still cares about me, and wants to try again. I told him I would need time to think it through since it was such a big shock to my system. So last night we talked and decided we would see eachother but take things real slow, just spend time with each other with no expectations, and leave the family out of it until we are sure we are going to make it work this time. I am scared about the family thing - I know his family will be angry if he's back together with me but I'm not worrying about that right now.

So anyways, for those of you going through a break-up, yes, NC does work. It might not be to get him back, every relationship is different, but it is good for yourself to move on. You need that time to get to know yourself and let the relationship go.

Best of luck Blue skittles, I hope it works out for you!

I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish I could go FULL NO CONTACT!

But I have to work with my ex and it's not possible. I haven't been able to go more than 2 1/2 to 3 weeks with full NC since the break up.

This weekend I have to see him for work: Tonight, work dinner. Tomorrow, day long rehearsal. Sunday: big show.

Three days in a row, many hours. Lord give me strength!

ENA'ers - give me some encouraging words. I'm going to be great, I'm going to be calm, cool, collected. I'm going to look and feel great. It's his loss, I'm fabulous, etc.

Archived