Does anyone deserve happiness?

I don't think so. I think no one really deserves anything. Everything we must fight for and do ourselves.

In a bad relationship and not happy? do something about it, then happiness comes to you and THEN you deserve it... you've put effort into it.

Dunno, I don't believe in anything is "meant to be"... I believe in coincidence and every man for themselves... however its always best to be courteous of those around you, as they will all help you achieve the best you can be.

I'm sort of in the middle of everything,

I believe that things come to be sometimes

And I believe that people do things to create their own happiness

It all ends up as being one big MAYBE for me.

Such as, a lot of things in my relationship right now are very ironic, coincidental, and even eerie in how well it all seems to fit together sometimes.

^^

hmm, good answer JS.

I really think that happiness can be a state of mind. But then again, there is that whole hormone and chemical imbalance that really throws things off kilter.

I just know that if I try, I can be happy. Sometimes I just feel like getting into that mopey state of mind and staying there. But I have been in a situation where I was just generally unhappy and had to be hospitalized for it.

It's strange how I think that I have such a grip on my mind then it throws me a curveball.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. There are lots of events or emotions you have no control over in life. I friend of mine... her father died of a brain tumor that took his life in less than a week. He was the poster child for a healthy life style. Did he "deserve" this?

Bottom line is that life happens. Yes, one has "control" to a certain extent, but I'd liken that control to something more like riding a horse or sailing a boat. You can't always dictate what that horse will do or how the wind will blow.

-Kevin

Or everyone deserves a fair shot at happiness?

What is keeping them from achieving that goal? My friend was told his parents were getting a divorce when he was 17, he turned 18 about a 2 weeks before he graduated, on his birthday his Grandfather died. Then the night after he graduated his father committed suicide, his mother had near to nothing. They both pretty much lived on a couch for a few days.

Now she is successful, and he is too... both making a lot of money and living healthy lives. They picked themselves up and did something about it. I'd consider him one of the most thoughtful smart kind thinkers I've ever met. He put effort towards his happiness... he has achieved it. He, if anyone i've ever talked to or met, deserves it.

I don't like the word deserve because to me it has underlying connotations that you need to do something, be something to get what you are seeking. I think every human being is entitled to freedom, dignity, and respect and when those are freely given the receivers feel true happiness...Deserving something is qualitative and thereforeeee at the discretion of others, Entitlement brings with it a sense of ownership and if you have control of yourself and your actions then you are indeed entitled to all of life's joys

Archived