Morning After Pill

Doesn't make sense.. you bleed heavily when on BC so instead you're going to use twice that?? The doctor you saw is a quack and I really say you need to get a second opinion. You do have other choices! The MAP isn't quite a choice if the BC pill affects you so harshly. Face it, you take the MAP you will probably have symptoms twice as bad as being on any birth control pill as all it is is a ton of hormones in one pill.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

krystal - at the end of the day, it's your own body, so do what you think is best. if i were in your shoes, and i hemorrhaged after taking birth control pills, i sure wouldn't take a double dose of birth control pills in the form of the MAP, whether the doctor gave you an Rx or not. doctors make mistakes. my own brother is a doctor and he's misdiagnosed me on occasion. i've also had other doctors assure me that a drug doesn't have drowsy side effects - only to take the drug, and then pass out an hour later. if you have further questions on drug side effects, i'd talk to your pharmacist, sometimes they are better informed than doctors on the particulars on certain drugs.

obviously, you've gotten a lot of feedback here from people who have had really bad reactions and ok reactions to the MAP. honestly, i don't think after having sex one time will you feel loose and comfortable enough to insert a diaphram. that's just my take though.

like i said, it's your body. if you want to take the chance that you might have another bad reaction to the hormones in the MAP and spend the first day of your married life in the ER due to another hemmorage, be my guest. i just wouldn't take that risk. in your shoes, i'd rely on condoms, pulling out, spermicidal gel, etc... before considering taking a medication i'd previously had a bad reaction to.

I agree, I'm scared too, but I figured since it's ust two pills I'd be ok. I spoke to the pharmacist and he said some woman may feel nauseas the day after but that's it. He said it depends on the woman and he can't tell me how I'd react. I'd rather use a diaphragm. I'm just scared I won't be able to get it in or it will hurt reeeally bad. And I definatly don't want to put it in wrong and it gets me pregnant the first time!

OK then why not practice with the diaphragm and have someone help you with it at the clinic if needed. And use spermicide as a back-up. Much better than risking horrific side effects on your honeymoon (given your reaction to just one dose of BCP).

random question do you have to go to a doctor to get a diaphragm?

link removed

according to this site, you don't need to go to a doctor to buy one... but you might want to get a healthcare worker to help you pick out a size and show you how to insert it properly.

i've never used one, so this is all news to me!

Archived