wanting the unavailable.

Caterina

I don't know why, but when a guy is interested in me, I'm not interested. There is this guy who was like that and I wasn't sure if I liked him. Well, now he doesn't seem interested and all of a sudden I'm taking it personal and it also somehow makes him more intriguing! What is wrong with me? Why are people like this?

It's completely human. When something (or someone) is elusive and hard(er) to get, we want it much more. There are so many cliches and truisms based solely around this concept; I'm sure you're familiar with at least a few.

This is why a lot of people play hard to get, because it motivates and interests the other person (or, at least, that is the hope/intention!).

I don't know why, but when a guy is interested in me, I'm not interested. There is this guy who was like that and I wasn't sure if I liked him. Well, now he doesn't seem interested and all of a sudden I'm taking it personal and it also somehow makes him more intriguing! What is wrong with me? Why are people like this?

Almost all of us are like this!!! I think that very few people are immune.

Almost all of us are like this!!! I think that very few people are immune.

But WHY? I know a lot of people are, but why? Also, I've used this principle to manipulate my circumstances a lot and it works every time...but isn't that horrible? Shouldn't we like someone for who they are not the challange they bring?

But WHY? I know a lot of people are, but why? Also, I've used this principle to manipulate my circumstances a lot and it works every time...but isn't that horrible? Shouldn't we like someone for who they are not the challange they bring?

We like all kinds of people for who they are. Actually, we love them for it. However, it doesn't necessarily mean we want to ram them with our love wand or be taken by them like a rabid animal stalking a rag doll in heat. Sexuality doesn't make sense like that all the time.

Ah you're perfectly normal. I talk about this all the time. It's simple: Supply and demand.

Which would you prefer: A free used Ford Taurus station wagon, or a brand new convertible Mini Cooper, with racing stripes that cost $45,000?

Most of us want what we cannot have. In relationships, it's called being attracted to challenge. You want something that is exciting, fun, and in high demand. This is why we all want to have a partner that is mysterious, flirtatious, sexy, all that stuff. It's FUN. People who are boring and predictable (albeit stable) get tiresome over time. No one wants to be with (what I call) a "spoiler" - like someone who tells you the ending to the book or movie before you've found out for yourself.

Human nature says "Excitement rules."

Enjoy, and welcome to the human race!

I don't know why, but when a guy is interested in me, I'm not interested.

I have sometimes had similar situations. I have had a few girls interested in me over the years but most of them I decided at the time I wasn't interested in return. Usually because my heart was set on someone else at the time.

Now, I am kicking myself for not taking the oppurtunity, because thinking back to them, a couple in particular, they were actually quite alright. I just decided otherwise at the time.

Archived