What about the mutual friends???

The friends in question are a married couple my ex and I were good friends with. We hung out with them all the time. The wife works with my ex as a teacher and we both met her at the same time when they started teaching together. I was then introduced to her husband. He's a good friend of mine, but things between us have been kind of strained since this all began. I talked to the wife about everything right when we broke up - thinking that she would have some insight on what my ex was thinking or any kind of advice. Well, I found out later that she told my ex pretty much everything we had discussed. (STUPID MOVE ON MY PART) It really hurt. I don't talk to her about anything now. It's tough because my buddy likes me a lot, but his wife is friends with my ex, works with her, and is a better friend to her than me; understandable. And my friend is stuck between a rock and a hard place, and he'll do whatever his wife probably asks of him.

I'm not sure what to do about this relationship with the couple. I like the guy and the girl is OK, but my ex is trying to get them to do things with her new boyfriend. They already had been out once with them. It leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. The whole thing.

Any advice??? Should I stop hanging out with my friend because of his wife? He feels for me (he really does) and doesn't understand why my ex has done the things she's done as well. But, he has a wife that's good friends with my ex.

What do you do???

This is a really difficult situation. Ive been going through a similar one. Me and my ex are in the same classes at uni, I thought everyone would be adult, but some people have been childish and chose sides. Two people have even stopped speaking to me altogether, even though it wasn't me who ended thngs.

It's at difficult times like these when you find out who your real friends are, one thing you must never do though is give up a friend. Although if you do want to be friends with this guy you can't talk about your ex. Talk with him about how your feeling, thats what friends are for, but don't ask about your ex or what shes been up to as this will make your friend feel uncomfortable and thats not fair.

I hope ive been able to help and hope you sort things out soon x