A lucky man?

I can remember driving and thinking of the ex (when we were still together) and just smiling and thinking; "Wow, I am a very lucky man". "Everyone should get to feel this and be lucky enough to have the woman and relationship I have." ;-) Hmmmm...

One would think that would please a partner to no end. To know someone you know and love, thinks of you so highly and wants nothing more than to take all of your worries and put them all in a bag, crumple it up and punt it.

In fact, take on ALL of the ex and simply be in their life and know that YOU are the one that is lucky, not the other way around.

But, that didn't seem to matter in the end and frankly, when told of my line of thinking in the first line of this post, my ex proceeded to let me know that she doesn't do that, because it isn't all like that, it is about being there for someone, etc. (I am paraphrasing that part of her diatribe - because that is what it ended up being)...

There is someone who will thank God that they are lucky enough to have someone that KNOWS they are lucky enough to be with them...

...isn't there?

I don't know the answer to your question but, I hope that there will be next one for both of us. Its great what you wrote there and I too felt like the luckiest man at one point. Funny how it all came crumbling down on me and I became the most depressed man ever.

However, things are looking better. I'm not looking for a relationship right now... At least not very hard... But I hope there is a time when both of us will be the luckiest men alive

Archived