Dermatologist

ninnin

For awhile now I've been using Clean and Clear Advantage Ance Kit 1. Honestly I don't know if it is working or not. I've been using it for a month now and I am unsure if it is doing its job. Sometimes I feel it is and other times I lose faith in the product.

I want to know if anyone here has gone to a dermatologist and were give treatment that actually worked. From what I know they decide what will work best with your skin right? Is what they usually pick the right medication? I've used many products and nothing worked (proactiv, oxy pads, other clean and clear stuff).

I figured I go to one to see for my face. I needed to see one anyway for the acne on my chest and sholders.

Are dermatologist the people to see when all hope seems lost and a solution is in their hands?!

I hope so

Hi Ninnin, I know what you're going through.. I had quite severe acne through my late teens and mid 20's and it really affected my self-image and confidence... Going to the dermatologist was the best thing I did, even though it took a few tries to get the right treatment, they really have some effective drugs these days... I initially went on a course of a drug called Roaccutane (or accutane in US) which completely cleared up my skin, it was like a miracle... it wasn't permanent unfortunately so I tried a couple more courses of it, and while it completely cleared up my acne during the treatrment, the effects weren't permanent and after a year or so it started to return... finally last year a dermatologist prescribed a gel called isotrexin, which contains the same ingredient as Roaccutane but is applied directly to the skin overnight... This has had the same effect and kept my skin pretty much completely clear, although I don't know how long it will last if I don't use it - but my doctor seems happy to continue prescribing, so hopefully this will be a long term cure...

Anyway I really recommend seeing a dermatologist, and even mentioning these drugs to them, they really can help you with this problem and it doesn't have to go on continously... hope this helps.

i tired everything before. i went to the dermatologist and got all acne wiped out. very good job to my doc. for some people, the over the counter stuff works. but usually those things are either too weak or too abrasive for your skin. that's why those companies have so much money to have ads.

While we're on this subject (and I really hate to thread hijack), what facewash do you guys use that doesn't dry out or irritate your skin? I've been fine using ProActiv's, but lately I've been breaking out BADLY during these past few months for no apparent reason. My skin was clear and then all of a sudden bam, out comes these volcanoes of painful zits and redness all over the sides of my cheeks. What happened?! Hormonal changes in my late teens?

I lift weights almost every day, if that makes a difference.

it could be anything man. oily skin, dirt from your hands, etc. just about anything. i'd go see a dermatologist though if that proactiv stuff didn't work. they didn't have that stuff when i had this problem, so i never really tried it. but most face washes that i ever tried just made my skin crack, dry, and hurt.

Well, I never tried the clean n clear kit but I tried the Clearasil ultra one.

Helped clear up my skin quite some. I have proactive too. I don't use em every single day though.

I have noticed however my skin isn't as clear as I would like it... I see some people with no make up and skin as clear as a newborn baby lol. Or almost.

You didn't mention how bad your acne is? Mild (1 or 2 once in a while)? Moderate (maybe a 4 or more zits at a time)? Severe?

I would go to a dermatologist (even though I have never been).

I learned my lesson: best to get it under control a.s.a.p. That way you minimize chances of scars which become a big pain later.

Archived