We broke up in July, we dated for a year but things weren't working out. (I'm attending college half a country away, the long distance was too much for two 20 year old kids to handle.)

We started talking again about 2 months ago. I'm home for the holidays and we're acting as if we're a "couple". We hold hands, hug, kiss, we had sex for the first time (my first), we talk on the phone and say "love you"s. However, we haven't talked about getting back together and I'll be flying back up north in a little more than 2 weeks.

He bought me a ring for christmas...what's going on?

He sounds like a nice guy. If you love him, go for it. If you want this relationship to work, it CAN work. It's not impossible for you two to stay faithful to one another. I believe in the whole long-distance relationships and I've known people who have done great in them.

I think you guys are in LOVE....

We broke up in July, we dated for a year but things weren't working out. (I'm attending college half a country away, the long distance was too much for two 20 year old kids to handle.)

We started talking again about 2 months ago. I'm home for the holidays and we're acting as if we're a "couple". We hold hands, hug, kiss, we had sex for the first time (my first), we talk on the phone and say "love you"s. However, we haven't talked about getting back together and I'll be flying back up north in a little more than 2 weeks.

He bought me a ring for christmas...what's going on?

sounds to me like the fella assumes you're into him again and you are a couple. if you're not serious about this as a relationship (maybe you look at it more like a fwb situation) then you need to tell him immediately. cuz he's defiently gotten himself worked up over all this.

But how do I know if he wants to try again? I don't want to ask and for him to say something similar to "um...no thanks."

this is weird...brain fart...you don't know if you're in a relationship or NOT??

I've never heard of such a thing on this forum...hmmm..I think you should maybe call him and say something along the lines of "Hey, just calling to say "hi" and I wanted to know where things are going from here?"...

Sounds like a plan?

Archived