What is your Opinion? I need your Help!

JohnDoe

Hey Everyone,

This is most certainly not my first post about this subject, but hopefully it will be my last post about it. There is this girl that I have liked for about two years now and I unfortunately haven't done anything about it. My problem is, is that I am gearing up to ask her out, to go to a hockey game with me. I don't imagine that I'll have any problem doing so, because I love her too much, it is just that there are two obstacles in my way.

My first problem surrounding this situation is that my parents have the hockey tickets (to a NHL team), but they don't want to commit to giving them to me. They keep asking me who I am going to take, and I just told them that I was going to probably take one of my friends (someone they know), when in reality I want to ask this girl. I don't want to tell them who I am, taking until I am actually going because they will make a big deal out of it, and I really don't need that right now. The hockey game is not for another month yet, but I want to confirm that the tickets are mine before I go asking her to go with me, then looking like a fool if I don't have them.

My second and biggest problem:

I was in class and overhead someone asking a guy if anything was happening between him and this girl. As soon as I heard this, I started to have little flashbacks of seeing them together, never of course thinking anything of it until now. The thing is, I want to ask her out before this guy makes his move, but I haven't secured the hockey tickets yet. And it is nearly impossible to get her by herself in the hall becasue she is always with a group of people (for the purpose of talking to her). What worries me the most is that she hasn't really gone out with anyone for as long as I have known her and this guy is quite popular, and needless to say, I am not as popular as he is. She seems to be quite happy around him and I don't wan't anyhting to develop before I do ask her out.

Please offer any suggestions that you can, I would greatly appreciate it. I have graduation coming up and want her to go to the prom with me, if I can't have her, I don't want anyone else