After Sex, I Feel Used. What's Wrong With Me?

Sunshine75

Can someone please help me?

I'm 32 years old and a single mom of 2 kids.

I've had a couple of "serious" relationships but only one person I can say I've felt a very deep love for and connection with(my first love).

I enjoy sex, was never made to feel guilty about it and grew up knowing that it's natural and enjoyable. However, every time I have sex I end up feeling used and resentful. I swear my feelings change as strongly and quickly as this smiley ---->

I'm currently not in a relationship, but even when I am always end up feeling like I'm being short changed, like my partner is treating me "less than" he should/could, and that I'm being used. When there's no sex involved, I'm just fine. But as soon as I'm intimate I feel resentful and angry that I got shortchanged?!??!

There have been times in between relationships(like now) when there may be someone that I end up intimate with, without a relationship. And even though I go into the situation knowing that it's just sex. And happy that it's just sex. Because all I wanted was sex. I automatically feel resentful and used afterwards anyway...

I want to be able to have a "normal" "healthy" sex life - whatever that is... But I know I can't when these negative feelings come up.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I swear my feelings change as strongly and quickly as this smiley ---->

I'm currently not in a relationship, but even when I am always end up feeling like I'm being short changed, like my partner is treating me "less than" he should/could, and that I'm being used. When there's no sex involved, I'm just fine. But as soon as I'm intimate I feel resentful and angry that I got shortchanged?!??!

There have been times in between relationships(like now) when there may be someone that I end up intimate with, without a relationship. And even though I go into the situation knowing that it's just sex. And happy that it's just sex. Because all I wanted was sex. I automatically feel resentful and used afterwards anyway...

!

I feel the same way and I dont know what the answer is - except to sAY that when you get into these sex only encounters maybe you really do it in the hope of something more. Even tho u tell yourself its just sex at the time.

I think thats what i am doing anyway.

I feel the same way and I dont know what the answer is - except to sAY that when you get into these sex only encounters maybe you really do it in the hope of something more. Even tho u tell yourself its just sex at the time.

I think thats what i am doing anyway.

Yes, I believe you are right.

Maybe not consciously, but I guess I do later.

Like when I'm spending the rest of the week alone with no one to talk to, or cuddle with at night, or go out with on a date. Then I get really upset that all I got was sex and perhaps the guy is doing something more meaningful with someone else....

And I just feel like dirt.

Technically, I know I'm "worthy" and "loveable" etc. But for a long time now there is no one. Even when there is, I end up feeling like I'm not being treated as well by them as they would/did treat others. Then when we're intimate, I feel used and resentful.

I think I'm kinda screwed up, but I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it.

Thank you for responding saltandvinegar.

Hmmmm....

That sounds suspiciously sane of you to say Mysterygirl.

Pretty darn correct actually.

But now, what can I do?

If what I really want is a loving, committed relationship and it's been extremely hard to establish with someone, what can I do? It seems like all that's available to me at this time is meaningless sex. And I've spent years alone. Without sex or affection for no other reason than I knew that I wanted more of a relationship, but there wasn't one.

Now I'm tired of being alone and wanted at least some affection or sex to pass the time until I can find something better for me, but even that is having a negative affect on me.

I feel like I'm darned if I do and darned if I don't.

Yes, I believe you are right.

Maybe not consciously, but I guess I do later.

Like when I'm spending the rest of the week alone with no one to talk to, or cuddle with at night, or go out with on a date. Then I get really upset that all I got was sex and perhaps the guy is doing something more meaningful with someone else....

And I just feel like dirt.

Technically, I know I'm "worthy" and "loveable" etc. But for a long time now there is no one. Even when there is, I end up feeling like I'm not being treated as well by them as they would/did treat others. Then when we're intimate, I feel used and resentful.

I think I'm kinda screwed up, but I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it.

OMG this is exactly how I am feeling at the moment. Its exactly. Read my thread and weep.

Archived