how do you act around someone you're attracted to?

Ktgurl04

ok so i'm acting like a 15 year old around this guy that i'm attracted to which is stupid because i would hope that i'm old enough to act more mature (i'm 22). but no, i'm not. he's in 2 of my classes and every time he sees me he always sits down to talk for a few minutes. i'm never the one that initiates the conversation though. not cause i don't want to but cause usually he sees me first.

anyways, we don't sit next to each other in class, he sits with his friends and i sit with mine. but i often find myself staring at him unintentionally. and when i finally realize i am staring at him, i find he's staring right back with this amused smile on his face. i just get really embarrassed and look away. then i feel like such an idiot cause i'm so obvious about it.

it's the same thing every time. whenever i find myself attracted to someone i always stare at them, i can't help it.

I think he knows you like him.

Be yourself. There's no point in getting him to like someone you're not. You're only setting yourself up for lies. When he looks free use that to approach him. Smile, use good eye contact and create a small talk. Doesn't have to be long, as long as you talked with him you have just had a good start.

If you wish, crack a joke. Having a good sense of humor makes everything better. That doesn't mean you should be a giggling fool, laughing at everything that crosses your path. Rather, learn how to find the ironies in life and point them out in a witty and interesting way.

Have patience. These things take time. You can't force someone to like you, and trying to hurry things up can ruin the courtship altogether. Give him some space and don't be obsessive. Let things progress at a natural pace, or fade out of natural causes.

Archived