Asking out this girl...

Troublewithgirls

Hi, I just registered to this awesome site which I have been lurking for quite some time now. Although this is kind of a random question, I was just looking to get some insight on a "cute" and fun way of asking someone out (like BF/GF relationship, not asking out her out on a date)? The kicker is that she would say yes if I did. Instead of having it being boring and asking her out the old-fashioned way, I decided to make a memorable impression on her and ask her out in an interesting, non-sexual way. Any helpful ideas? Thanks.

Asking her to be your gf? Romantic dinner, then afterwards ask her if she would like to continue seeing each other and be in a relationship.

Whatever you do don't ask like my husband did when we started going out as a couple. This is what he said while I was driving, "So are we boyfriend, girlfriend?". We had been seeing each other for over 3 months at that point and I assumed we were at that level.

Haha, too late for that. A few days ago, she asked me if we are going out (and not just dating) and I said "yes". She agreed to my answer but then proceeded to tell me to ask her out, which I simply stated that we already are and that we got into it mutually. Well, fast forward a few days and she brings up the topic again. She even tells me what to say but I wanted to make it more special than asking her over the phone... Btw, why does she want me to ask her so badly when we both already have agreed that we are going out!?!?

Hmmm, maybe she just wants to make it "official". She might just want to hear you say the words so that she feels like you really mean it or something.

If you already know the words she wants you to use then rephrase them just a bit so it sounds more like "you". Then go to her place or have her come by yours. Doing it by phone, e-mail, or texting might just disappoint her so best to do it face to face. Afterwards take her out somewhere you both enjoy going.

I know guys don't like doing a lot of "mushy" stuff but this is just once and then it is over with.

Haha, when I told her that we are dating through mutuality (?) over the phone, she asked me to ask her then. I told her that I rather not, and then she told me to text it to her. I told her that I didn't want to. The only reason for me doing this is because I feel that this may be a long term relationship and want to make the opening ceremony special (I'm going to be her first BF and she is basically going to be my first GF).

Do you think it would be "cute" if I bought some roses and a stuffed animal and wrote "Will you go out with me? Circle one: Yes No" on a piece of paper? Kind of cheesy but that's all that I have right now.

Haha. It sounds like an interesting way to do it, but I don't know how girls would see it. I had a thought once of taking a girl out to a restaurant and setting it up before hand so that we get a fortune cookie and hers would have the message "will you be my gf/will you go out wit me?" I never ended up doing it though, but it's something more creative.

Haha, too late for that. A few days ago, she asked me if we are going out (and not just dating) and I said "yes". She agreed to my answer but then proceeded to tell me to ask her out, which I simply stated that we already are and that we got into it mutually. Well, fast forward a few days and she brings up the topic again. She even tells me what to say but I wanted to make it more special than asking her over the phone... Btw, why does she want me to ask her so badly when we both already have agreed that we are going out!?!?

why was this thread started yesterday when she already asked you out a few days ago?

Archived