attraction o meter - does he fancy me?

Lucy_lou

so here's a little scenario

This man (who's way out of my league, older, important, a bit of a small time celeb) I've sensed that he's attracted to me. But I don't know if I'm imagining it. He knows who I am because I'm a student in the department he's a professor in, and I've been around, talking to the other academics for a few years (they acknowledge me). But he never acknowledges me. But on a couple of occasions, from a distance, he's just kind of paused like a rabbit in headlights when he's seen me. And I caught him peek a look at me the other day too (when I was peeking a look at him). Am I just deluding myself that there's anything unusual about his behaviour because I think he's 'fuoah!' gorgeous? I can't talk to him easily at this point without being totally tough acting all business. I have this feeling that if ever I tried to talk to him in a friendly way that it would go down like a tonne of bricks and be taken as flirting in a millisecond. It almost feels like a game the way we don't acknowledge each other. I've had very little to do with him, so this whole big attraction is based largely from glimpsing him around on occasion. But it's remarkably strong.

what do you think?

It sounds fun. Is he single? If he is a bit of a celebrity, or as attractive as you say then he might be used to getting attention from women. Maybe your aloof behavior is what has caught his eye the most... and so you are much more interesting to him. If the opportunity comes to speak with him, do so casually. Remember, you're a catch too

Thanks everyone.

I guess he may be attracted. But he is the one who initiated the ignoring business.(I was friendly to him before that). I don't think either of us want anything to come of this attraction (if that's what is going on here). So I'm not sure what talking to him would achieve, except amplify the obvious.

So...

if I talk to him about college stuff, I'll feel very small because he's all smart and important, and I'm not very confident academically,

but if I talk about non college stuff then it will be like I'm just being friendly. And he'll probably take it as flirting and be rude and unfriendly again. The thing is, he's a valuable contact, but I can't talk to him. He makes it so difficult.

Archived