Question for everyone please...

redsuede

Yes it happens to the very best of us, But bare in mind it's a lesson to learn. At times when we realise that its too late, so all u have to try to do is move on and pray , making sure u never repeat a mistake twice or else it would no longer be a mistake.

It never hurts to try to gain wat u want.... Good luck searching..

this isnt me taking someone for granted.. I seem to be the one that gets taken for granted

I was in that position....relegated to being little more than live in housekeeper, childcare person (HIS kid), and sex partner (when HE wanted it). Catching him cheating was the last straw. I left. Got therapy. Met my husband and have a happy, healthy relationship where I rarely (if ever) feel taken for granted.

3 or so years post-break-up, the cheater emailed to "see how I was doing." Since my last words to him were "I never want to see or speak to you again," I didn't bother answering him. On the other hand, my husband had no problem telling the cheater we were both fine, thanks and he needn't contact us again.

Has anyone here ever taken someone completely for granted.. Meaning down the road in a relationship not putting forth energy.. just to have them leave you.. and then you realize what you had.. ??

Thank you very much in advance for answering this..

I sure as heck have!

I guess a lot of it was my own selfishness. Though part of it was that I was going thru a stressful time with other stuff. Put it together and what do you get? - me keeping her at arms-length and not trying (or not able to try) to do more to meet her needs. A recipe for disaster.

Archived