Pretty down today

velvetapathy

So a quick back story...I was dating a girl for the past 2 1/2 years and recently she told me that she is no longer in love with me and asked me to move out... We have still been keeping contact against a lot of advice i got on here. I missed her a lot for some reason today and went checking the my space profile... Turns out she had litterly just gotten done changing the layout and adding a new blog post. I kind of freaked out a little bit as the blog post said that she could not believe she had let a guy get her down and made her feel icky inside and that now that the guy(*me*) was gone she would never let it happen again. She also thanked her friends for sticking by her through the disaster that has been the last 3 years of her life. I freaked out and called her immediately after I had read that the conversation went well actually she said that she was just irritated when she wrote it (mind you that was half and hour ago). Now I don't normally check her my space profile the last time i even looked at it was over two weeks ago...

I really do not know how to feel about it. I am angry that she did not tell me that I was making her feel bad about herself as I complimented her on a regular basis. I tried the best way I knew how to make her feel good about her and I guess in the end it was not enough.

Another part of me is really sad however that she now hates the last 3 years of her life.

just a bad day i guess

Hey velvet.

Myspace/Facebook and the like cause so many ruptions after a breakup.

Like you - very many people want to check up on their ex's and go there to have a snoop about. There is an old saying on here that says be careful what you go looking for because you might not like it. And you looked - and you didn't like.

I doubt that she hated all that time you spent together - things would have ended sooner if she had. People do and say some crazy things after a breakup and she is likely just trying to make herself feel better.

Don't be too down - just remember how she treated you - how she used you.

It will get easier - with a bit more time.

Mark

Thanks Mark I appreciate the comment, the more i have thought about it the more I am thinking I should not have called her when I freaked out and the more that I keep talking to her and letting how I feel about everything come out the more I am just pushing her away as I would like to someday get her back.

Hey fella!

Leave her alone now - as you say - contacting her does neither of you any good. It pushes her away and keeps things raw and fresh for you.

Try not to linger too much on thoughts of getting her back. I know that you want this - we pretty much all do when things are fresh and hurt. Just try to remember how she used you- how she treated you. I think you sound like a lovely guy and I think you deserve better than this. Never sell yourself short in life.

Mark

Archived