"Talking" and gifts

CamaroJoe

What is the significance of giving a woman a rose even if the two people involved are still in the 'talking' stage? This beautiful woman and I have been going out for a while now. I wouldn't call it 'dating' exactly. We've been to a few clubs, been out to eat a few times, went out for a drink a time or two, and I'm thinking that's it so far. See, at first it was weird because she didn't want a boyfriend so she was really flaky. Then we didn't talk for like 6 months. But in the past month she has done everything she says she's going to do and has called me quite frequently.

However, I attempted to kiss her about a year ago, she put her head down and smiled but I eventually got the kiss by the end of the night. But I haven't tried to kiss her since. Anyway, now onto the relevant information. We went out to a club last night; some of her friends and some of my friends. Now Tuesday we have tentative plans to do something; probably catch a movie and if it's nice out, take a little walk afterwards.

I was thinking of getting her a single red rose and writing a handwritten note that says something simple like "you are awesome!" and my name. But my dilemma is that I've done the flowers thing before and it didn't quite work out too well. The girl thanked me (I had them sent to her work because she was having a bad week) and she was all happy. But then all of a sudden she was gone and I never heard from her again...ever. lol

But I'm asking is it too soon for the rose given the fact that we haven't really had a first kiss? I don't consider the kiss an actual kiss because it was kind of weird. I just don't want to be too forward too soon and/or freak her out. And also, to restate the question from the beginning, what is the significance of giving a rose? How exactly does that make a woman feel inside if she likes the guy?

Hey Camaro Joe - haven't seen YOU for a while!! Hope things are well!!

I think roses have different "significances"

If you give her a read rose - that says ROMANCE.

If you give her a yellow rose, that's supposed to say FRIENDS - but depending on the circumstances....

I personally think you could give her a PINK or YELLOW rose with a note that says YOU'RE AWSOME and that would be soooo cool.

That way, if she says anything about it being too early, you have the "HEY, I just like hangin' out with you -its a friendship rose" thing to fall back on. BUT - if she goes fer it...... it IS a rose and the significance of a rose is romance.

As a girl, getting a rose is a nice gesture. It shows the guy was thinking about her BEFORE he got there. Its thoughtful, romantic and sweet.

I say DO IT!!!

Good seein' you!!

omg! YES! i love the pink rose idea!

see, a red rose, i dunno, thats way too romantic. i think a person should only send that when they want to show someone they LOVE them, and after you both are dating for a few weeks. i dunno why the single red rose provokes these thoughts.

if a guy i like sends me a red rose, even though i like him, for a guy my age to send me one, it makes it seem like he is really serious about me.

it can scare a girl away if she is still exploring her feelings for you and still getting to know you/deciding if she wants to date you.

You're right, that first kiss wouldn't really count as a legit kiss. Giving a rose to a girl you're not dating is a big statement. A rose is a symbol of love and romance. I think doing so will freak her out, and not return your calls. It would be a nice gesture if you two were dating, but you're not. Also, a red rose saying 'you are awesome' is a little immature. It's kind of like saying, I want to make passionate love to you...during recess.

Joe,Joe,Joe

It is way to soon to give her a rose or any type of gift.

Learn from your past mistake.

Give her the gifts of conversation, fun, excitement(within reason), and your company. Keep her intrigued, curious. You dont have to tell her everything about your life just yet. Be interested in her as an individual, this makes great conversation.

Movie and walk, fine, if you both like it,...............but.................. I'm older than you and that would not be enough fun and excitement for me...........................but.................it's your call. Dont allow her thoughts to associate you with boredom. No serious talk about boyfriend, giirlfriend crap. Put laughter and a smile on her face and that will do more than a rose ever could. When she thinks of you she thinks of fun...........get the picture.

P.S. You dont have to buy a womens attention. The gifts and flowers are for, well, way down the road................ Do pay for the date.

P.S. You dont have to buy a womens attention. The gifts and flowers are for, well, way down the road................ Do pay for the date.

well said...

a guy sent me roses to work. we werent dating, just flirting but i had no real intentions with him yet.

he also sent me a watch (gift).

then along came another guy who i talked to and liked quiet a bit and he didnt make any effort to send flowers or buy gifts, and i went out with him as soon as he asked and continued to date him.

gifts dont really need to be given when you arent really dating yet, but are trying to get therr. just your time (and yea u paying for the dates).

i wouldn't consider a single flower a gift but more of a comment that you appreciate the woman as a person. i think it is innocent. but i do think you can give this too early. i would say within a few dates would be okay. but a first date, no way. i would never buy a woman anything to impress her though. that stuff is for a birthday or christmas.

Archived