Open Club  ·  36 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

Self Help Books

Tony426

Use the books and other reading materials as thing to try and see how they work.

For starters, I would begin with reading Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. Leil Lowndes has a book about being a "people magnet" that's ok, but no where near as good as Carnegie. Another suggestion along these lines is Jeanne Martinet who wrote a book about the "Art of Mingling." These books should improve your ability to just socialize.

For meeting and getting dates, I like some of those recommended by Poco Diablo, including link removed. I would also look at the stuff linked here: link removed. And I would read books on body langauge, such as the one by R. Don Steele, "The Art of Seduction" by Robert Greene, "How to Make Anyone Fall in Love With You" by Leil Lowndes and Dr. Willard F. Harley, Jr.'s "Buyer, Renters and Freeloaders."

Then I would go back and look at what was working and not working for you, and reread things, and adapt things to work for you.

Look for more on your own,

I've read a number of them over the years, but most are common-sense packaged as a revelation. Some are just selling hope to the hopeless, or show you how to pretend you're someone else.

One book stands out in my fading memory,

Looking Out for #1, by Robert Ringer

I plan on writing some motivation and self-help books later in my life. But first, I need to solve my own problems first. lol

I'm sure you'll be able to find the answers you need, Tony. I'm rooting for you. We're so much alike, we might as well see eye-to-eye.

The magic of thinking big is a good one to read. I can't remember the authour though.

Author Julie Charanduk is also a great self help writer, who writes with conviction and from personal experience. I think her website is link removed

I believe self help books do change your life. But just reading them wont do anything you actually have to make a change yourself but they definitely do help with motivation and ideas.

Archived