Help please, I might be about to make a poor decision.

Burb

Quick background: gf of two years broke up with me over a month ago. In that month, I stopped contacting her, only responding to her attempts. I have become happy with myself, happier than I have ever been, but I would really regret it if we didn't try again. I know I will be happy without her, but we were just really really great together. She has problems being alone, and has rebounded to a new guy who she is no longer interested in. I have seen her out at the bars the last few nights, and she has started to allude to getting back together (i miss you, etc. i gave little of it back)

We went out to lunch and had an honest conversation about everything, her new bf, getting back together and how to make it work, etc. She then came over and had I made a move, I am pretty sure we would have gotten physical.

Through the grapevine, I hear that she is probably going to break up with her new bf next week. (After a wedding (of the older sister of her bestfriend (who I am also friends with) )and a trip they have planned.)

Now here is where I need your help. I want to call her, meet up, and tell her to dump him now and have me take her to the wedding. I think she might do it. But I may also just be fooling myself. Help!

Me being happy has nothing to do with being with her, I am happy with who I am, etc.

She wasn't like this when we were together (two years)...I don't know what her problem is!

I know in my head you are right, I just miss her very badly and know we could work.

Me being happy has nothing to do with being with her, I am happy with who I am, etc.

She wasn't like this when we were together (two years)...I don't know what her problem is!

I know in my head you are right, I just miss her very badly and know we could work.

You miss her very badly isn't a for sure that you will work. I know you have a hard time seeing that now. In a few months she will get bored with you and drop you for someone new. And again and again and again. More times than often people who break up and get back together again never work out. Its called a break up for a reason.....cause its broken.

I know the missing her doesn't mean it would work. I think it would work because we know why we didn't work (way too much time together, not our own people, etc) and know how to change that.

You may, however, very well be right. But tonight I am at the point where I want to confront her about whether or not she is actually interested in getting back together or simply keeping me around because she needs me there.

elektra, i really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

you are right. I am not ready to leave her in the past, but after listening to you (and some praying) I have decided not to call her up.

Thank you so much.

Now, headed out with friends!

so your ex of only one month already has another guy and has planned a trip with him to this wedding? It seems a bit odd that she knows she is going to break up with him but is still using him as a date for the wedding. If she is going to break up with him then she should and just go to the wedding by herself, but that's irrelevant I guess.

If I were you I'd stay away until she was single and then see what happens. It sounds like you have already had the conversation where you told her what you would like to happen, so wait and see what she does about it. No point trying to force her to break up with this guy before she is ready and if you have already discussed getting back together and how to make it work then you don't need to confront her do you? Just do nothing and see what happens.

Good luck!

Archived