My ex dumped me about 2 months ago now. I was crushed at first but after a couple weeks I realized putzing aroung wasn't going to do anything.

For about a month now I have been exercising daily, I have hung out with friends and family every chance I get and I have been in a VERY happy mood. I have even been trying to get with a few girls, with little success, but I have been out of the game for 3 years. I was also going hours at a time without thinking about her.

Recently I have been thinking about her an awful lot. It seems like every little thing reminds me of her. Most of the memories are good ones and I miss that stuff.

I was just wondering if a relapse like this is normal and if I stay positive will it pass?

Absolutely. Getting over someone isn't a smooth uphill climb. You fall and have to pick yourself up a few times.

Just like you said, stay positive and you can continue climbing up that mountain. Once you reach the top you can enjoy the view and start anew. Congrats on your success so far!

It will pass. Sometimes the feelings of happiness alone will make us miss the happy times we spent with that person. Eventually it will become further and further in between. I have been out of contact with my last ex for 6 months and there are still days when I think about her. But those days are getting further and further in between.

I think it's normal for that to happen. Sometimes remembering the good times is a nice feeling. But I try to avoid dwelling on them for too long. If I let myself focus on those kind of thoughts for too long, I end up either feeling sad or a little bitter about the future.

I think these thoughts will pass if you decide not think about them. Focus on the good things you have right now and yes, stay positive.

Definitely...I've been going through a bit of that for the past couple of weeks, off and on. I'm leaving my current position and may be leaving my city soon so naturally a lot of memories are coming back to me. Some of the memories are good, some are not so good, and I realize I'm still angry over the situation. It's nearing 100 days I've not spoken a word to the guy.

Just have to remind myself that there are better things out there.

Archived