My wife is confusing me and I need advise

10 days before I got back from a 6 month deployment to Iraq I got an e-mail from my wife saying a friend she has been hanging out with told her he has feelings for her and she was confused. I asked her if it was anything I did and she said "no, you spoiled me. It's not your fault is something I need to do." Now she wants a divorce and wants to be friends. I recently went down there and stayed with her mom and dad (who are totally against what shes doing) She says she still loves me and has on several occasions talk about it as just a break with the possibility of getting back together. When ever I get mad at her she's quick to try to smoothe things over. I'm thinking that she isn't too sure about this guy because of the fact she left the possibility of getting back together. and I thinks she quick to smoothe things over because she wants me as a back up in case this doesn't work out. To use the description my mother in law gave me of this guy is that he's a pot smoking, high school drop out who is currently on probation for who knows what. And his friend who he hangs out with are the same as him. The relationship she had before me was with a very similar type guy who was nice in the beginning and then started showing his true colors. I'm afraid she is going to deal with the same thing with this guy and I don't know what to do. I love her with all my heart. Right now I've decided to cut off all ties with her and let her figure it out on her own. I don't know what to do. This situation has gotten to the brink of hurting myself and it's like she has done a complete 180 in a matter of a couple weeks.

Sorry to hear about your wife messing around while you are off fighting for the Country. She has lost probably the best thing in her life and you did the right thing by cutting the ties and moving on. I would move forward wtih the divorce. She seems to be the type to continue hurting you down the road if things get rough, why not get a new man. Not all women are this way so please dont take it out on other women for her stupid decisions. I wish you all the luck in the world. And please, let this one go, you will be happy with someone who deserves you.