Wanting the already taken

WhiteForest

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
](*,) I am currently the "other woman" in a relationship with a MM. Its not nessacarily a "chase" for me, but rather the feelings that I fulfill something that he can't get from her. I do it because I want him. And I don't really feel bad about the SO because that is his wrong not me. Its kind of harsh, but it is him who is cheating not me.

Wow! Sorry to be so blunt but you are in the wrong just as much as him. I'm sure it makes you sleep better at night thinking you aren't doing anything wrong.

Anyway...thanks for giving us the perspective of the "other woman".

Wow! Sorry to be so blunt but you are in the wrong just as much as him. I'm sure it makes you sleep better at night thinking you aren't doing anything wrong.

Anyway...thanks for giving us the perspective of the "other woman".

Ah yes, the online war for morality begins.

Just keep this in mind. The opportunity out there for an honest relationship with a single person is nearly endless. Stay away from others in commited relationships.

Hi I was due to be married in a few weeks but I left my fiance for an old boyfriend from years ago. He was texting me for years as friends and then we lost contact for 2 years. Recently he got back in touch after another friend gave him my contact number. He just sent me message asking how married life and when I told him I wasnt married yet he totally let all his feelings be known to me. He didnt pursue me just told me how he felt etc and that he wished I was marrying him and not my (ex) fiance.He said he knew he never would be with me and would live with that for the rest of his life. I had feelings for him also so ended up breaking up with my now ex after alot of discussion. I questioned how come he never told me sooner but he said he went to tell me 3 years ago but I got in beforehand that I was happy so he left it at that. That was 6 months ago and we are still together We are moving in together soon and he has already asked me to marry him at least 5 times already, to which I have said its too soon. So there can be a happy ending. I made sure that we both discussed what we wanted first and why I was leaving my fiance.

Why especially women? If it's genetically about picking a superior mate it, surely that goes both ways in equal degrees?

Also, I can assure you that the tons of attention you get when attached is the same for both sexes. I'm guessing it's because you're happy (and thereforeeee good company), and don't have that air of desperation that some people looking for a mate have.

I don't see the genetic superiority of most of the losers people seem to fight over. Drunken, unemployed, cheating losers?

Can you define for me the meaning of sexism? I think the word sexism should be applied to the quoted post. Here women spout about men and the men about women. You are all wrong. It's nothing to do with gender but environment. You get loyal men and women so it definitely has nothing to do with gender but the way a person is brought up and the environment we live in.

I think these gender beating opinions belong on boards with no real substance or value. There is no statistical evidence to prove the point quoted above. It is merely unsubstantiated opinion supported by whimsical statistics.

If there were a sexism board the above opinions would be well placed. In fact I am new to this board and I am surprised that people get away with opinions like that. It's highly inflammatory and very offensive. I usually frequent ivillage message boards and opinions like that would have been thrown in the bin with the rest of the unsupported and offensive opinions created due to personal hatred and anger, I would have thought these would be support boards instead of hate boards.

Blue_moon

People are entitled to their opinions on this board, and we do not censor, unless there is flaming, foul language, or the opinion is stated in a disrespectful manner. If there is a post you disagree with, you are welcome to present a counter argument, as long as it is done in a respectful and non-flaming manner. Please review the forum rules (in my signature) or PM a moderator or administrator if you have further questions.

Now - back to the topic!

OK, I have apologized in this thread for the wording of the post, and will reiterate that I am sorry for the broad, generalized nature of one of the statements in particular, re: "ask 100 women." However, I stand by the assertions made in the post as they are based on my experience and the behavior I see in female friends, and are clearly stated as an opinion and not as statistical fact.

I thought of removing the post myself, as it has been controversial, but instead applied a test to determine whether it should stay. That test is: Would I show that post to my mother, my female friends or a SO without becoming embarrassed? The answer is Yes, I would. My mother would give me a hard time for approaching the "wrong kind of woman," and not going to church to find a GF, my female friends would laugh and say "Touche!" and my last SO actually used a variant of the line on me before we began dating for 10 months... So I left the post.

The truth is that women and men both use lines and lies in the dating game, from giving out false phone numbers to saying "Sure I will call later," my post was not some wacky sexist rant, but merely a description of a couple of things I have found to be true in my experience, and I do stand by my assertions. You are welcome to disagree with my opinion, but instead seek to shout it down as being motivated by hate. Whatever...

Archived