My 10 Day Nc Challenge

Hi. I realize I am not strong enough to say I will stick to the NC challenge for 30 days.I have tried and failed so many times. It's like coming off drugs. So to avoid disappointment, I want to start small and work my way up.

So this s my official 10 day commitment to NC. Wish me luck!!!

thelonelydoll,

You are right, one day at a time. Sometimes we have to break it down to one hour at a time and even 5 minutes at a time if we have to. Sometimes I will set my timer on the microwave and lay my phone down so I'm not looking for text messages. It's amazing how fast the time goes by when I set the timer and tell myself i can look at the phone when the timer goes off. I will go longer than what i set it for. That's just the way I start with baby steps till I get better.

All I can say is little steps. One day it will be a day. Then next time two days, then three etc

What I will say is that there is adanger that you are pissing them off by contacting them. More so if they have asked you have not to.

How did I deal with going NC? By filling my time up as much as possible, see friends, family, get a hobby, exercise anything that takes your mind off them and contacting them.

All I can say is little steps. One day it will be a day. Then next time two days, then three etc

What I will say is that there is adanger that you are pissing them off by contacting them. More so if they have asked you have not to.

How did I deal with going NC? By filling my time up as much as possible, see friends, family, get a hobby, exercise anything that takes your mind off them and contacting them.

and perhaps speed dating !!

BONO

June 8th

Today is offically day #1.

So far so good. I just woke up,

so luckily I don't sleep walk and make

crazy phone calls.

I won't get into much detail. But here's the gist:

Known guy about a year.

He is hot and cold with me

I want a more commitment..feel more like his security blanket

Plus he has been seeing another woman, but still contacts me in the meantime. It's hurtful.

So I'm not worrid about initiating anything, as much as I am responding to him. I wish I could tell him to just go F himself, but I really do care about him.

This stuff is hard.

I also started my second NC for 3 days now!

the first one lasts almost 4 weeks, but I broke it by responding his "invitation" for a movie. But I made a mistake by acting too needy (asked him if we would be back together, if he missed me... that kind of questions and be unnaturally nice to him... ) and I found that he was not that eagered to contact me ever since.

NC is hard, but I tried to do as much activities as possible, meeting friends, learning some new stuffs...we'll get through it!

June 8th

Today is offically day #1.

So far so good. I just woke up,

so luckily I don't sleep walk and make

crazy phone calls.

I won't get into much detail. But here's the gist:

Known guy about a year.

He is hot and cold with me

I want a more commitment..feel more like his security blanket

Plus he has been seeing another woman, but still contacts me in the meantime. It's hurtful.

So I'm not worrid about initiating anything, as much as I am responding to him. I wish I could tell him to just go F himself, but I really do care about him.

This stuff is hard.

People tend to want the things they cannot have. Turn the tables and give him the best gift in the world.

The gift of missing you through no contact.

Thx Bono.

Just a question.

I almost always answer or reply to him.Should I just fiend ignorance if he asks

why I'm not all of a sudden? Or just say nothing? This is the hardest part for me.Not wanting to be rude or mean. He has not asked me not to contact him.I just want him to see he can't just have me whenever he wants me.

Am I doing the right thing? By the way, he knows how I feel about him, yet nothing has changed

Thx Bono.

Just a question.

why I'm not all of a sudden? Or just say nothing? This is the hardest part for me.Not wanting to be rude or mean. He has not asked me not to contact him.I just want him to see he can't just have me whenever he wants me.

Am I doing the right thing? By the way, he knows how I feel about him, yet nothing has changed

Albert Einstein definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

He also said that , "any intelligent person can make things bigger, more complex and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."

Have you read Majord23 "The Perfect Plan " and "No Contact - The Guide" ??

BONO

MAMA: You need not offer any explanation at all for not responding/replying/answering the phone. Just "drop off the face of the earth" - he'll have to figure things out on his own. An explanation opens your decision up to dialogue, when it's not a matter for discussion. Let him live with the silence - and it'll do you a world of good, too. You'll see.

Thx Bono.

Just a question.

Yeah, I know how you feel, I am going through this now, I broke my first NC by replying his contact and went to a movie with him, but I can tell that he knows I still have strong feelings for him so he doesn't really feel he's losing me. like Bono said, If we don't turn the tables, things ain't gonna change... I guess I need a longer and stricter NC this time.

Good luck to u, too...

Hi all. This is day 2. I am doing ok so far. Nothing to report really.

If he doe not contact me at all in this 10 day period I wil be pretty surprised, but I know it would be best for me if he didn't.

Just going to get some stuff done, maybe go shopping and chill.

Hope everyone is doing well, and thanks for all the support!!

Ok I was doing ok today.Just having an angry moment.Feeling a little used, and angry at myself for letting myself be in this position. I am almost POSITIVE I will hear from him, espcially if things go sour with her. I will no longer be Miss "Good Friend". Sorry just having a bad moment.I need to get busy and I will feel better.

Archived