I'm really not sure if this goes here but I'm like new here so I hope you can put up with it. Oh I have many tales of sadness and rejection... but those are in the past. What I really need help on is current events. I am shy a lot of the time... although some of the time I'm not all that shy... recently I've liked a girl who I think likes me... at least enough to be a bit more playful with me. She had a boyfriend... I don't actually know what the status is of that... I don't think it was going well... but I really don't know. I have a lot of trouble just talking to her... even just saying "hi" and admittedly I've done that run after her calling her name thing in the parking lot after our theater class... the point is that she pays little attention to me in person and if I ask her if she wants to hang out she generally has something going on but in her defense she is a really busy person... but some of the things she does... like laughing at the stupidist things I say or even the couple of times I've talked to her on the phone... even when we talk face to face she's really nice and doesn't act like me talking to her is a bad thing... so I just don't know. I want to at least get to know her better but 1) I have such a hard time talking to her and I don't know why... I get like ultra nervous and can barely say stuff most of the time, 2) sometimes she'll blow me off or just plain ignore me unless I say hi and stuff, and 3) I just don't know what to do. If anyone has any thoughts or advice on this I'd really appreciate it.

well, i would be a little careful about her because you said she has a boyfriend. on the same note if you want to get to now her better find out what her hobbies are and things she likes to do. it is easier to talk to someone when you know they"re likes and dislikes.

Than you tronix, that's more along the lines of advice I was looking for. I think she's out of the relationship and I'm just trying to get to know her... I think I've pretty much blown that already... and I have the e-mail to prove it! I just wanted to know what happens with all this... why do I get so nervous, why am I unable to intellagibly converse with her, what am I supposed to do now that I can't really talk to her... I'm just lost and I don't really think there's much I can do now to find my way again.

Than you tronix, that's more along the lines of advice I was looking for. I think she's out of the relationship and I'm just trying to get to know her... I think I've pretty much blown that already... and I have the e-mail to prove it! I just wanted to know what happens with all this... why do I get so nervous, why am I unable to intellagibly converse with her, what am I supposed to do now that I can't really talk to her... I'm just lost and I don't really think there's much I can do now to find my way again.

Well, the important thing now is to realize that she's just another human being. Don't try to impress her when you talk to her. I know it may sound difficult but try to relax when you talk to her.

Archived