My fiance left me for my best friend. Help me.

My fiance of three years just left me for my best friend of five years. They had been seeing each other since before he left me. I discovered this when I went to her house in the middle of the night for advice on why he left me... and found him there with her.

I can't sleep. I can't eat. I can't work. These people were my life. I'm ready to dig a ditch and lay in it. Any volunteers to throw dirt on me?

This is my first time here. Thanks in advance for any help you might have, and for your time.

I'm sorry babe that shouldn't have to happen to anyone. I wish there was something I could do to help. I guess all there is to say is that it's good that it didn't wait until you were married. It's not fun when people betray you, but there are people that know how to be loyal. Just pick yourself up and find one of them.

The problem is that they are usually hard to find, but you'll find one.

If it helps any I've been through the same kind of betrayal.

that sucks, but don't worry about it your better then they both are, i am not really good at thiz, thing of giving advice but it seems that you are in a hard situation and you might feel depress or something and i being there. Every time I try to be with a girl in a serious way I alwayz get dump but there will be better dayz ahead and juz keep your head.

Best of Luck

• 7 months later...

keep your head up and all that stuff is right...but I know exactly how you feel because my ex and I divorced and now he and my best friend are engaged...

you didn't ask for it - you don't deserve it - and you are better off without people like that in your life. I know that's hard to hear...I still can't even believe a friend could betray me that way... again, I have to learn how much better off I am to have true friends in my life and not shallow, selfish ones. You don't need them...

One last thing...the only thing that has carried me through all this is my faith. Connect with God and watch Him work in your life!

d

keep your head up and all that stuff is right...but I know exactly how you feel because my ex and I divorced and now he and my best friend are engaged...

you didn't ask for it - you don't deserve it - and you are better off without people like that in your life. I know that's hard to hear...I still can't even believe a friend could betray me that way... again, I have to learn how much better off I am to have true friends in my life and not shallow, selfish ones. You don't need them...

One last thing...the only thing that has carried me through all this is my faith. Connect with God and watch Him work in your life!

d

First of all, I am profoundly sorry that you had this happen to you. You were the victim of an ethical "crime", no doubt about it. It sucks, it's awful, and you deserve to feel EVERYTHING you're feeling. These people committed a terrible betrayal against you, and I believe that when people do something this bad, the Universe ultimately pays them back.

My immediate advice is to get the hell away from anything and anyone that reminds you of these people. Have nothing more to do with anything that will bring you into contact with them. Second, if this happened to me, I'd have to see a therapist right away or I'd be afraid of what my anger would make me do. And I'd see the therapist twice a week until the worst of my despair and rage left me. At the same time, I'd find a church or spiritual center of some kind and start going there too. The goal here is to not let these two weak, immoral people change the basic goodness and decency that resides in yourself. Finding a way to safely and productively deal IMMEDIATELY with the anger and hurt is key here.

And by the way - make much use of this forum! We are here for you, and you can get some incredible feedback from the wise posters here, many of whom have been in the same situation. We care, we're here, talk to us. You're going to get through this, I promise.