Weirdness

greg vs greg

Weirdness (which is actually social awkwardness) is almost always a symptom of extreme shyness. These people usually have little social life and little if no group of friends and that can be the cause of the shyness and weirdness, but she won't know that of course. I've noticed some girls absolutely detest me, and some fascinated by me. How does weirdness affect your chances of dating a girl, even if you get a 9/10 on looks? I'm talking just general weirdness here, like when she notices you don't have many (if any) friends, appearing nervous for no apparent reason other than for what's going on inside your own head, appearing distracted/scared, saying something that's alittle bit 'huh?, having a very bizarre sense of humour, and god forbid, she finds out you're a virgin.

My weirdness even shows through when i try talking to girls on MSN, and i'm scared i'm scaring people away before i even get to meet them. I wish i could just relax....

I've always thought I come accross as more antisocial than weird... but I bottle things up... the weirdest i come accross is when I come accross as a total mess, just drunk and hair all messed up, clothes all messed up, distant, confused look in my eyes...

Where we're similar is we're both virgins... I'm quite open about that... well if it comes up, I wouldn't just say it if I had no reason to, but I'm sure there are far worse things she could find out about you than that.

And also where your weirdness and my antisocialness are similar is that girls are wary of guys that are loners... I always feel I want to show a girl how sociable I actually am... maybe you should do the same, you don't go into detail about your weirdness here... do you actually have no friends, or do you just appear not to.

I don't think weirdness should have to effect your chances unless your weirdness is the sort where you are very offensive to people or behave in an extremely unsociable manner. I think most people have some sort of weirdness but what differentiates them from the labeled "weirdo's" is that they conceal it because they are ashamed or think it will inhibit them in someway. I think general weirdness shouldn't really affect your chances, most girls don't care if your a little kooky just as long as they are attracted to you and find you amiable. Generally there are a lot of people who will always put you down or not like something about you. But if people are scared away by your apparent "weirdness" then there is no point in bothering with them. Would you want to date girls who just dismiss you as a weirdo anyway? The people who u worry u are scaring away aren't worth your time. Invest in people who are fascinated by your weirdness. Besides being weird in a world were everyone is so rigid about being perceived as normal is good to many people, it is refreshing to meet people who have different viewpoints and personality traits that are rare. You cant change your personality and if people criticize it just don't bother with those people but find people who will love you for it.

there are many different types of weirdness, some (like me) are rather weird, loud and crazy, and get on well with their own sex, others, who are tooo weird, and creep everyone out, so have no friends, other weird as in, just... unexplainable so only some people can relate to them, and many more.

One pattern that seems to appear.... we all have bad luck around women!!

Maybe its the price us weirdos pay!!

'weirdness' is just a derogatory label for nonconformity, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a little bit different, and not following the crowd. Plenty of people feel they don't fit in with prevailing norms--hey, you're not weird, the 'norms' are!!

What you need to do is find a girl who's 'weird' too. Then you can relax and enjoy being weird together!

'weirdness' is just a derogatory label for nonconformity, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a little bit different, and not following the crowd. Plenty of people feel they don't fit in with prevailing norms--hey, you're not weird, the 'norms' are!!

What you need to do is find a girl who's 'weird' too. Then you can relax and enjoy being weird together!

no it isent i find it appealing to be weird.....it shows your willing to be different and not follow what everyone else does

someone calles me weird it makes my day

I think your best bet is to just practise chatting. For one week straight chat to old men, kids, strangers in the park, people you aren't trying to 'pick up' - do it - if you have no outcome in mind this alleviates the pressure.

Next thing you know you are a pro when conversing with that potential date. The more you do it, the easier it gets. Sort of, been there, done that.

Good Luck

I don't know, he says 'Weirdness (which is actually social awkwardness)' and then goes on to talk about shyness... I suspect he didn't really mean 'weird' at all, I mean there's nothing wrong with being different... I suspect he meant 'socially awkward'

Archived