Having a bit of trouble understanding

I have been 'seeing' this guy for a month and a half. We began talking just after his break-up with his ex-girlfriend. They were together for 3 years. I knew what was up going into the 'relationship' and yet things have gone bad. Magical first date to the pier, under the moon, etc. and we kissed. We continued talking and hanging out. A week and a half after their break up, we are studying at his house, and she shows up. I had not seen a picture of her before, so I had no idea who this girl was. He left me in his house, while they talked outside. For fifteen minutes I sat there, ignorant. When I dawned on me that she was his ex, I left. About two weeks later, we are still talking and I ask him about her, how he was feeling, and what was up. Seems as though she was upset about the break-up and called him one night at 3 in the morning, saying she was at the Golden Gate Bridge and she was gonna jump if he didnt go to meet her. After that incident, we continued talking, because he made it clear that he did not want to be with her, and we had sex. Now it seems as though he is falling in love with me, or thats what he is telling me. I was not sure what to make of that, so I disregarded it. He went home for a week, and didn't call, nor did he return my phone call or text message. I was upset and called him on it, and he apologized...he was out of the country. Okay fine, no big deal. Later in a conversation he tells me that he loves being with me, blah blah blah...basically you're awesome and I wanna be with you...Two days later, we have sex again. Not even a day later, coincidentally after he talks with his ex, he feels that we shouldn't go any further because he doesn't want to hurt me and he feels that although we enjoy each others company, and we love being with each other, it will not work, and he doesn't wanna be exclusive, doesn't want to be either of our boyfriend. What the hell should I do? This si so frustrating because not even a couple of days ago, he wants to be with me...after talking with his ex, he just wants to remain friends, so as not to hurt either me nor himself.

From a guys perspective i totally agree- although he may not even realise it and its not his intention, he's using you. If the relationship is worth having than its worth SAVING, and its not up to you its up to him to sort himself out first and be fair to you.

I had a rebound relationship with a girl that ive always had feelings for (on and off for the last 8 years would you believe!), after she broke up with her b/f of 3 years. It only lasted a few months until she broke it off, and for the longest time I was in 2 minds - one part said 'fine, her loss' and the other bit still had these deep and profound feelings for her and I never let that go, until recently i've heard that shes gotten back together with her ex. After initially taking this badly I stood back and realised that this was a GOOD thing- it had finally put an end to my feelings that i had for her, i'm finally free of them and I can go on to live my life - i'll always be sad the way things turned out but i'm not going to focus on the past, i'm looking toward my future and i've realised that she is never going to be a part of that - she had her chance and chose a different path.

Sorry to get a bit of track and talk about myself, but all the advice i can really give is through my own experience- maybe you can relate to this...

Good luck.