No clue how to date and meet women here in USA

As what I have indicated before, I was born outside of North America and came here to USA a few years ago. When it comes to meeting women or dating them, I have no clue on how to do it here; pretty muvh everything I knew and learned from where I was born were not really effective here.

Example:

My supervisor and I.

What started out as friendship ended in a disaster (we had a big fight after I expressed my feeling towards her and our friendship ended) Mainly (I think) its my mistakes; either I'm coming accross as desperate or needy or aggressive.

Girl (@ school) and I.

Before I can even ask her out or date her, it seems like that she's shutting the door at me.

Sometimes I think too much of it and sometimes I don't. Anyway I just need some advise on dating and meeting women here in USA.

I face a lot of the same problams you face. Especially with the school one, the last girl I like avoided me like crazy and she won't ever say why. She did say I was a stalker although I saw her like twice a school day.

Purple_Haze gave some good advice. Experiment what you do with women (but not the ones ur going after). See what things work and see what things don't work - ull learn ad it will help u big time. This will help u later when a certain situation comes up with a girl u like and ull know exactly what to do.

If you have a lot of spare time (it's kinda long)... link removed

Dating - and in fact, building one's social skills - is definitely a learning process, and the one thing you DON'T want to do is get discouraged. Instead, learn to be less hard on yourself, and view this time as a fun discovery phase of the world of dating. You're gonna make mistakes - and you're gonna do some things exactly right. But remember - always get back on the horse and back in the game!

Great advice from Scout...thats one of the things i have learned to do over recent years, and something i am constantly telling one of my friends - NEVER be too hard on yourself, especially over things like Dating. I've come to realise it more in the last 6 months, and it is SO vital. be yourself, and be happy with that. Try to hard and you are just going to make it more difficult. I know that advice like this is easy to give and harder to take, but dating and flirting and meeting people should be fun. The whole social game should be fun...even the arguing - use it to learn. Remember the things that generally give positive outcomes, and remember the things that generally give negative outcomes. Then build from there.