Wot Can U Do 2 Stop Urself?

All I am doing here is putting together sum ideas of things that u can do to take ur mind off self-harm, these r a few that i do when i need to calm down:

1. Write a poem; often about wot i am feeling or y i want to cut myself. (this is a good 1 bcuz it gets the emotions onto paper as opposed to my arm)

2. Ride my bike; only bcuz im a mountain biker tho, i do this sum of the time, it is especially good if u really ride as hard as u can.

3. Play my bass; another personal fave, i really take out my frustrations on it, and ovcourse the result is music, which calms me down no matter wot.

4. Try to shove a knackered old pencil thru sumthing, carefully mind, it would defeat the object if u ended up stabbing ur hand 4 instance, i hav a pencil case with many holes in it.

5. Call a few m8s up and c if u can go over 2 their house, whether u go over to talk 2 them or just to spend a little time with them.

Hope these help at least sum1, it will hav served its purpose if just 1 person stops self-harming, 4 me? so far so gd, its been a fair few days and I hav used each 1 of these at least once. If ne1 has more to add then post ur ideas here.

Gd luck every1...

willbob

Welcome to enotalone willbob!!

I also have one other sugestion which is what i do when i feel frustrated, this may benefit those of you who self-harm, or people like me who just get a bit frustrated sometimes!

- Go to the gym or a boxing club and "express" your frustrations on a punch bag. I seems to work wonders for me!

abcd1234