A chapter about to end or live on?

Im new here on enotalone. i was just recently told by my girlfriend that she deosnt know if theres any love there for me. we have had a 1 year 3 month and 8 days relationship. and two days ago she was happy to hear me say that i concidred her a girlfriend and a friend. and she cried in joy. but then two days after today she called me up and told me that it might not be working out . my heart had stopped to try and register what she was telling me. but we left the convo on a edgy term basis. she tells me that i have very good chances of getting back with her, but the thing i want to know is, why all of a sudden a change from "i love you" to "i dont know about us" it took her two days for her to say that. what gives here. i, so damn heart broken i feel that my heart will cease. i cant eat and i cant sleep. im so worried that the girl who told me that she would never leave me, just told me off. i feel empty beyond anything. i feel that i wasnt worth the bullet. and im not a suicidal person i got over that in high school. but i dont know if i should wait for her. i asked her to but she said that if i do then things can be good. am i hearing this right??!?!?!?! she couldnt even let me get a soup question(Finding Forester) in to get the info on what i did wrong. im so at the point that if im by myself i may never see the light of day again. i might as well lock myself in my room and not move and just let time pass me by with out even looking at the clock. I lost a very special girl that i love truly and i will give my life and soul for her love back. Anything..............i cant be alone. ill ever be able to truly love the way i did with her.

I am sorry for your pain and trust me EVERYONE has been there. I don't think there is one person who can say they haven't had their heart broken to one extent or another. I just question why she would pop that on you all of the sudden without any warning. My ex did that and he was seeing someone else.......I am not saying that is her problem but it kinda makes you wonder what is going on. I can say that you will find love again....that is unless you do lock yourself up in the house. I felt heartbroken for a very long time after my ex left me (oh did I mention I was 18 and pregnant with his child), but time does heal all wounds......even the deepest! It has been 11 years now and I couldn't be happier and I am SO damn glad I am not with him...........I know now he definitely was not the right person for me! Life has funny and sometimes hurtfull ways of showing you a different (usually better) path for you to take. I will give you a piece of advice that I wish someone had yelled at me......DO NOT JUMP INTO A RELATIONSHIP QUICKLY AFTER A HARD BREAKUP! Just doesn't work..........I did that and spent SEVEN miserable years with a abusive man! I guess I was lonely and just plain heartbroken and wanted someone to love me. It was weird for me the first time I saw my ex after the break up (seven years later), he was a jerk and angry about how his life turned out. He felt stupid for not seeing his own child for 7 years! He kept in touch with her for 6 months then chose not to see her anymore.....his loss! I am now married to a WONDERFUL man and have a new baby with him. If you had told me 11 years ago how I would be living today I would have said BULLS***! I never thought anyone could really love me after my ex dumped me. Don't give up on life.......love life! You will be happy again......maybe with your ex maybe not, but you will find someone. Just don't shut yourself off from life! Good luck!

Saber thank you for replying. i really do thank you for that. one thing is though is that should i wait? or am i going to love a woman who is not going to love me? she told me that we have chances of getting back together. and she said that it's a very good chance. but see two days after she had told me that she was getting mixed signals now she al of a sudden wants to let me go. after she told me "ill never let you go, i love you and we will be together forever, you and i are going to be married." all this and now im left with nothing. now the past night after this im crying randomly, i cant quit on her. there is something that is not right and i need to know what she is hiding from me. i think she is going to take advantage of the fact that ill listen to what she has to say. but i still have that feeling for her. and im going to make sure that i find out the truth and see what i can do to save this. i dont want to see this past year a waste of nothing. or ill never see myself the way i used to be. but keep the replies going i appreciate them. thank you again saber. hope to hear more from everyone.

Carlos

I guess you could give her some time........the big word there is SOME. My personal opinion is that she is not telling you the whole truth about something, what that is I have no clue. Just don't waste to much time, it will only make things harder. I would just tell her that this is too hard on you and you do not feel like playing games.......either she wants to be with you or she doesn't. There really isn't a middle ground....but that is my opinion. Good luck and your very welcome....I hope I helped some.

When your love one changes feelings overnight, it usually took longer.

Your love for this woman is strong and you have a good history with her. So fight for your love. Talk to her and find out what has happened to her feelings.

Be advised, women usually brace themselves much sooner then men so that they can be more prepared for the emotion change. In other words her change of heart did occur as quickly as it seemed.

Talk to her calmly and warmly and discuss all the positive points of your relationship. Respect her feelings in this conversation and pick up on things to fix and work on.

But don't act hastily and make a bad choice. Relax and regroup and learn from all of this.

Good luck to you.