He said there is no connection

Curious99

English is my second language. Please excuse me for my grammar.

My ex bf broke up with me about 2 months ago after he got back from vacation. He drove over to my place with his car full of my stuff. I told him if he were to break up with me, I doesnt need to see me in person but he came over anyway. I feel like he was so selfish and doesn't respect my wish right 'til the end. He still forgot some stuff and hasn't return it since. I feel like he never put 100% into our relationship and was leading me on all this time. How can I let it go and be happy? Does it really take that long to realized there is no connection? We are talking about a guy who is 40+ here.

He told me there felt like there is no connection even though he insisted on introducing me to his parents, him wanting to see mine. We also went on several trips together. We dated 1.5 years in total.

After the break up. He didn't tell his parents or friends. They texted me like everything was normal. My friends had to tell them which dragged the breakup longer than what I wanted.

Thank you for reading. Would appreciate any advice since I can't see well because I'm in the situation.

That's a terrible experience to have to go through. I wonder if he had to get your stuff out of his place because he was moving in another girlfriend. Anyways, you need distractions, so hang out with your friends and family, do things you like to do, pamper yourself with hair cuts and spa treatments, take long walks, get out in the sun, go on trips and train rides, stroll through museums and shopping malls. If you see a nice guy, ask him if he's single. It may take a while, but you will find another guy.

I would suggest that this break up was coming for some time and that his time away on vacation likely proved that he should move on, maybe some alone time or some interest in other women.

In the beginning, during the infatuation period of the relationship, there is a connection, otherwise why would you be together, but once that period stops, many couples drift apart as there is no longer anything holding you together. This may be where he feels there was a lack of connection. Perhaps he was hoping something more would build, but when it didn;t he grew distant and eventually broke up with you. I don't think he led you on, as such, you were just not the match for him.

Best to focus on moving on and not trying to understand what happened as this will cause your mind to flick back to what could have been.

English is my second language. Please excuse me for my grammar.

My ex bf broke up with me about 2 months ago after he got back from vacation. He drove over to my place with his car full of my stuff. I told him if he were to break up with me, I doesnt need to see me in person but he came over anyway. I feel like he was so selfish and doesn't respect my wish right 'til the end. He still forgot some stuff and hasn't return it since. I feel like he never put 100% into our relationship and was leading me on all this time. How can I let it go and be happy? Does it really take that long to realized there is no connection? We are talking about a guy who is 40+ here.

He told me there felt like there is no connection even though he insisted on introducing me to his parents, him wanting to see mine. We also went on several trips together. We dated 1.5 years in total.

After the break up. He didn't tell his parents or friends. They texted me like everything was normal. My friends had to tell them which dragged the breakup longer than what I wanted.

Thank you for reading. Would appreciate any advice since I can't see well because I'm in the situation.

It's very unfortunate and sad, but people can lose the 'connection'. There's not much left to do but accept it and grieve.

Thanks everyone for responding. I guess I felt hurt because he could have made it less painful for me but he chose not to. You guys are right, I but nothing left but accept and move on. I can't understand his behavior but that is life I guess. Thanks again.

Archived