Sex vs. Love Which one to choose?

capibara08

Hello,

I have had my relationship with my boyfriend for almost two years. Even though he is such a great guy and takes care of me, in the “kinky” stuff of our relationship not much has happened between us. I’m a virgin, he isn’t.

(There is nothing wrong me being a virgin, but recently my curiosity continues increasing, but he seems not to be interested at much in that area.)

I have a male friend as well, which I have a lot of chemistry with. The things we talk, the way we dance together, laugh.

During a party, half-drunk,still conscious, I couldn’t help myself and I told him that I also felt that HUGE chemistry but I was not willing to dump my relationship.

Surprisingly (because telling him I KNOW, it wasn’t the best idea), he totally understood and agreed with the way I was feeling. We made a deal that we won’t do anything until I became a single woman, but sometimes we have talked smoothly and sexy, because we know there is something there, something funny and interesting. (Usually he drags it up, not me).

I do love my boyfriend, I have shared a lot of good moments with him, but… it is normal to feel this way for someone else while you are in a relationship?

Have I cheated on him even though there are not kisses?

Is it wrong wanting more sex rather than love?

Please, I am so confused, mixed feelings, so many hormones going on.

Thanks for reading.

Well... why not both? It's great to have one person to love and have a happy sexual life with. This shouldn't be an either/or choice.

Are you and your partner very young? It seems very weird that he had sex before, but is not interested in having sex with you for two years... Have you felt chemistry for him? Have you ever had a discussion about your intimacy, needs, expectations in the relationship? Have you ever let him know that you desire him and he did not respond to your advances?

Try to think first if the relationship you are in is worth pursuing, if it can be a place for you to feel loved in every way that you want to. If you decide that you have a chance to be happy and fulfilled there, go and make that happen If you decide that you don't, you can break up and decide what you want out of your next relationship, or if you want to explore some casual relationships on the way.

Why are you still a virgin?

I'll assume that you've done everything with your partner but intercourse. Is that correct?

Are you saying that he's quite content with oral/digital play? Is that why you say he's not all that interested in "that department" (meaning intercourse?) Would you want this guy you are inappropriately flirting with to take your virginity?

Archived