I can't stop crying

After being single for 5 years, I finally found someone who made me happy. We have been together for a year. We have had little fights and not talked for a week or so, but we had always worked it out. Last month, we got into a real senseless fight and we ended up staying away from each other for a month. Last week, I found out he was seeing his ex and that they were together as a couple now. I lost it. I never imagined he could just forget about me just like that. And to make things worse is that the one he went back to is an unstable, pill popping screwy woman. Doesn't hold a steady job, doesn't even have her own place. She lives here and there with family members. I don't get it, why would he want to be with her? He's always telling me that I was so good to him and he lost something good, but he doesn't want me back!! He wants to stay with her?? I am so devastated. I hurt so bad, I was so good to him. But I can't stop hurting now, how do I get through the pain. I work everyday with my whole mind and body screaming in pain!! Help Please!! I need to get over this.

I'm sorry to hear it hasn't worked out.

If you were having fights where you stayed away from each other (I assume no contact at all) for a week, all within your first year, then maybe it wasn't the perfect relationship you're letting yourself think it is?

The length of time you were single before probably made you more invested than you should have been.

Don't think about who he is with or why. Move on

We always glorify the past and catastrophise the future. You will be fine.

I'm sorry you are in pain. Breaking up is excruciating and there is no way around it. It won't go away overnight. It takes time.

He chose someone else. That makes it even worse.

Nothing but being honest about your feelings and time will heal you. You are going to have to allow yourself to feel this pain and move forward as much as you can. Take care of yourself and give yourself time. This won't go away right away but you can move on if you try.

Sending you light and love

Mostly about two ex's that he has, who he has remained friends with, which is fine but are they friends or more?

I just went through this exact same thing, if you want to read my lengthy thread. I'll save you the trouble: in my case, it was 3 exes, not 2, and I just never felt quite comfortable. We finally broke up over it, and he called.....drumrolll.....not one, not two, but all three the day of our breakup. He has now re-friended them all on Facebook, and they are all back in touch with him.

Why do they do this? I have No. Idea.

I went through a period of relief, and I am now in the grief stage. So, like you, crying. It's hard!

And like you, I am the most stable one of the 4 of us. It sounds so stupid to say 4, but he had 4 women rotating. Sheesh.

Best thing we can do is NC (No Contact) at all....no looking at social media pages, no texting, no nothing. Believe me when I say I understand your pain. Empty weekends are the hardest.

Archived