Closure ten years later

So, I'm a little confused on the take away from the last conversation I had with my ex after a decade. We're both women and dated during high school and post for years until we decided on just staying friends. However it wasn't exclusive and nor public information that we were together. We respected eachother and always remained good friends despite the time and situation. Once ending things overall due to a verbal argument a lot of time passed. Years in fact, and I always questioned the actual breakup from our relationship that caused her to just want to be friends. I know it's greatly my fault for never asking but I was madly in love and really would have kept her in any way she'd let me. Anyways, we finally had the talk and discussed things via message. She apologized for a lot and when I asked what it was that I actually meant to her. Her response was "what I meant to you, was what you meant to me at a time. Then after shut down the conversation by wishing me well. All I said was thank you. I have no idea how to take that response. She knows exactly how I felt because we both felt it at a time but then she ended it from night to day. What do you guys think?

Archived